VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok guys,
    i have Eac3to and ArcSoft Total Media Theatre.

I've got a file with these properties

1920x1080 at 23.976 fps, MPEG-4 AVC , ~26,5 Mbps avg
    English: 48 kHz/24-bit, DTS-HD MA 5.1, ~4094.00 kbps avg

It's a M2TS file,
    i plan on using Tmuxer to get the DTS-HD MA 5.1 file out and then i plan on using Eac3to convert it to 5.1 DTS (My surround only accepts DTS/DD)

Is this possible?

Im a noob but i dont understand the fact that this DTS-HD MA is 24bit and ive never seen a 24bit DTS file.

Will it convert it into 16bit etc?

I know quality will be lost because its Lossless > Lossy because of the bitrate but does the 24bit matter? etc but i dont mind as i WANT the 26.5 Mbps Video =D
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you just want do dump the DTS core, there is an option in tsmuxer (checkmark "downconvert DTS-HD to DTS" when demuxing)

Alternatively in eac3to
    eac3to input.dtshd output.dts -core
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know ill lose like twice the bitrate in quality but will anything else be affected?

im confused regarding the 24bit
    Quote Quote  
  4. No the core would still be 24bit, to convert to 16bit

eac3to input.dtshd output.dts -core -down16
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I'm confused why you are bothering to convert the audio at all. As long as your receiver can play dts you should be able to play any type of dts.

I have a playstation 3 and an older non-hdmi receiver that does dolby digital 5.1 and dts 5.1 but not the hd audio variants. I have no problem getting dts out of a dts-master hd audio bluray movie.

What device are you playing this on? I would test and make sure it won't accept the orginal audio first before spending time converting.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote