VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still somewhat new to the area of video encoding and have a general idea of how it is done. But from what I understand, there is no video/film or "moving picture" that plays at 57 frames per second. (I actually read that from another post on this forum--i.e-it is actually 60 Fields per second and/or a video telecided for NTSC to make it play at 60 FPS, or perhaps a pulldown was performed). But ENOUGH with this hypotetical situation. it already has been posted before. Let's get down to my situation now. I have downloaded a video which Procoder states IS indeed a true 57 frames per second video. I joke you not. Even Gspot claims it as a 57 frames per second/ 57 pictures per second. So, what I am thinking is perhaps the video information stats were inputed incorrectly, and it really is a 29.97 frames per second video. (But HUMOR me here for this part--stay with me) But WHAT IF it really is a 57 frames per second video? I don't know--maybe someone captured their source at 57 FPS, but highly unlikely. What would sound more plausible is that maybe it was LEFT as a telecided video in broadcast instead of the normal just takeing a video(24 fps film/30 video)and leaveing it as it is and useing a pulldown method. But that idea can be pretty much be ignored too. Most of the episodes I downloaded of Malcolm In The Middle play either at 24(some play at 23) or 29.976 FPS, and I'm not talking about the DVD set--I'm talking about normal 4:3 NTSC Tv broadcast. So, taking this information into account, I would like you guys and gals to post some suggested AVS scripts for this Non-Interlaced(I know it's TV, but it says non-interlaced) 57 FPS video.ANd now, there are 2 scenarios I want you to use. #1)Avi Xvid to Avi Divx Pro 5 AND then to SVCD/DVD, #2) Avi Xvid to SVCD/DVD. Also keep in mind, my PROCODER only understands AVS scripts if you input the parameters AviFileSouce(C:\dorky.avi)and put ConvertToRGB24() at the end. I also think that if you use the parameter AssumeFPS(29.97) it would just make things worse. But, would puting the paramter (interlaced=true) and decimate (5) maybe help it get down to a normal 29.97 FPS video for NTSC. Yeah, I'm sorry to have not mentioned--these situatuionsare for 4:3 NTSC. Anyway, It WOULD BE EXTREMELY helpful if you would take the time to post some of your BEST advanced scripts and put a "#" saying what each command does. Even though I am a newbie somewhat, PLEASE STILL post your ADVANCED script. Thank you. And I am sorry for this very wordy POST. Alll hep is greatly appreciated. And please, NO NEAGTIVITY when posting your replies. Foir example, DO NOT say "If you are such a newbie, don't even think about AVSscript, dude" That would not help. This post has to Do with encoding a 57 FPS video in AVS--actually, frameserving with AviSynth into Procoder Express(Yeah, I bought it). Ok. Thank you guys and gals.Also, if you if you want to suggest any script for a regular 29.976 FPS video as well useing both situations as well, you are probably are a super nice person,and deserve a pat on the back.

--Derek.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I assume you have opened the video in Procoder.

Quote:
    "I have downloaded a video which Procoder states IS indeed a true 57 frames per second video."

Try to encode to NTSC in Procoder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for something that's available on DVD.
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I've done that before. But this post is dealing with suggesting some Avisyth Scripts for a 57 FPS video. I'm sorry if you didn't understand my topic.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, only the 1st season is on DVD. BUT the whole purpose of me doing this is to learn Avisnyth. Please--if you are going to post a reply, help me to compile an avisynth script that can frameserve an avi XVID 57 frames per second video. Please Re-read my posts for all info. Thanks.
    And yes, the suggested scripts you post here, I will encode with procoder. And yes, I know how to use procoder, but this topic has nothing to do with procoder, but AVISYNTH SCRIPTS.
    for eample, should an IVTC script be used for this video?.
    Answer these postsasif it were an ESSAY question. Thabk you.

Here is what I'm looking for in your posts:

Derek, here is a script for situation 1:

Aviflesource(C:\Ifeellikecrap.avi)
    Interlaced-true
    decimate(5)
    ConvertToRGB24

Of course, I know this script doesn't work.....that's why Iam asking you guys to share some knowledge.

That's what I am looking for in your posts. Thanks again for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a test? How practical is this application, really?
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, this is not a test dude. I'm really asking for some positive feeback on creating an Avisyth script for a 57 FPS video because I know very little about avisynth, but I want to learn it. That's what this post is all about.

Reading from other people's posts, I have come to understand that moving pictures move at variations of 24 FPS (sometimes 23) and as well 29.97. So finding a 57 FPS video has baffled me because 57 FPS shouldn't exists. video playsat 29.976 or film 24. So taking this information into account, help me to create an avisynth scrpt for 2 situations. #1)Avi XVID to Avi Dixx (1 script and 1 encode in Procder) and then to mpeg 2(1 script,and other encode). #2)Avi Xvid to Mpeg 2..........AND PLEASE....just don't say use Procoder. That's not the point. the point of this is to create an avisyth script(.AVS) to feed into Procoder for encoding. What commands should I use, should i use an IVTC script? ETC ETC ETC.

I need help. Thank ytou.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know anything about your 57 fps source, sorry. Sounds like a real mess you've got there though. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's why I am asking for some help. This post is probably more theroy than just push some buttons and you're done. But thanks for trying to help.

If you are reading this to this point--Nothing has been accomplished yet, and I'm still looking for some people who can posts here some Avisynth scipts to my above (top post)situation. I'm also looking for some theoretical answers. Like for example, Derek, I suggest you use this commmand in your script because this is what it will do and this is why I tell you.

And if you read to this post, no one has figured out an avisynth script for my situation or don't know what I am asking.

This topic has nothing to do with NTSC conversion, but I am perplexed about finding a 57 FPS video(it shouldn't exists!) and I would love it if some people can share their ideas with me on going about creating an AVS script for this perplexed situation.And all sources are NTSC when I download. And if I would love it for people to explain how and why this video could even come to be a 57 FPS video,and then suggest a good AviSynth script. But first EVERYONE, read the top post(my 1st posts on this topic).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krelmaneck
    Most of the episodes I downloaded of Malcolm In The Middle play either at 24(some play at 23) or 29.976 FPS, and I'm not talking about the DVD set--I'm talking about normal 4:3 NTSC Tv broadcast.

--Derek.
    Yet another I downloaded a file post.....naughty (edit it out quickly...before your thrown out)

Also Derek edit that bloody first post and put some breaks or paragraphs in.....who wants or can be bothered to read that mess of words......would you?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I can't get thrown out. Maloclm in The Middle episodes that are recorded from the broadcast waves of Television have the right to be recorded,and thus, shared since it is from broadcast.

Movies that have been recorded from braodcast by NBC, CBS, and ABC have the the right to be shared since it is on TV and has the station logo on it. Movies without the station logo broadcast are illegal and are consdered illegal and have no right tp be shared,and are therefore punishible by law..

Movies that are recorded off of premium stations such as HBO, cinemax,andStarz--I'm not sure if you are allowed to share these since it may look like you pirated it even though you recorded it off of your satalite or cable TV. They can be confused with the real thing. but if you record the HBO thing with some commercials andleave them in there, you may have the right to share.

Telesvision episodes always have the right to be shared. I even wrote to NBC saying I missed an episode of Sequest and the Program manager of NBC wrote me back giving the adddresses of the production company, and wished me good luck on getting those tapes. So, therefore, by me saying that I downloaded an episode that came from someone's broadcast,I wpuldn't be i illeagl is also protected by the recording act.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sacajaweeda
    Will do.................Thank you for the advice. I will post over there. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is really a pointless question - as if you read the procoder manual (which has to be one of the largest manuals around - plus a very good video compression book it comes with) you would have seen that procoder will automatically change the frame rate to the correct speed , by slowing down or speeding up (not creating new frames except if necessary) ..

you can set the threshold of this or turn it off ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    it is really a pointless question - as if you read the procoder manual (which has to be one of the largest manuals around - plus a very good video compression book it comes with) you would have seen that procoder will automatically change the frame rate to the correct speed , by slowing down or speeding up (not creating new frames except if necessary) ..

you can set the threshold of this or turn it off ..

yeah, I have done this before. But I want to learn Avisynth. So maybe,I'll switch the topic to QuEnc.

If you were to use QuEnc and didn't have procoder express,, how could you correct the number of frames from 47 FPS to 29.976 using an avisytnth scriipt without using the force frame parameter ForceFPS(29.976 or AssumeFPS(29.976))? Would a ivtc script be used? Show me some examples. And don't be afraid to be technical. Dude, that sumarizes my whole mess.

Yes, I made a mistake--all this time I have been asking how to encode 1 57 fPS, when it is 47 FPS. I'm such a dork.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'd be better off just finding another source file to download. Whoever created the ones you've got with 57 fps frame rates obviously didn't know what they were doing and wasted a great deal of your time. This project of yours isn't practical and is a complete waste of time.

My $.02
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sacajaweeda
    You'd be better off just finding another source file to download. Whoever created the ones you've got with 57 fps frame rates obviously didn't know what they were doing and wasted a great deal of your time. This project of yours isn't practical and is a complete waste of time.

My $.02
    I wish I could. But the other sources have HUGE logos, not just a simple white FOX logo but huge ugly logos. This 47 FPS (yeah, it's 47 FPS, not 57.) is the only one suitable for me, UNFORTUNATELY.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it might be 47.952 fps ... which makes sense in a twisted way (still a mistake though) ...

that would be double 23.976 progressive ...

just decimate by two and encode 23.976 and add pulldown ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    it might be 47.952 fps ... which makes sense in a twisted way (still a mistake though) ...

that would be double 23.976 progressive ...

just decimate by two and encode 23.976 and add pulldown ..
    You know what? You are right--It is 47.95 FPS. It doesn't say 47.952, but when you round off, you are absolutely correct. Now, we are getting somewhere. So, you say decimate by 2.

So if situation #1)Avi Xvid to Avi Divx and then to MPEG,would this script be okay for part 1(I am a newbie at Avisyth) for QuEnc.

AvifileSource(c:\Poly In The Middle.avi)
    Loadplugin (C:/decomb.Dll")
    Decimate(cycle=2 interlaced=true)

The reason why Iwant it interlaced is because it will be an mpeg later, but I am switching to atemp divxx just for better quality. Normally, I know you would deinterlace for divx.

Any suggested script or corrections to this scriipt AND EXTRA input would be helpful. Possibly should I use FieldDeinterlace() >
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krelmaneck
    I am so happy to share this information with you people. Remember how I posted earlier about getting this junky 47.972fps to a native NTSC rate..well, I DID IT, FINALLY.

At first, the moderate of this board suggested I decimate by 2 and add 2:3 pulldown...I did that.........it was still jerky on the tv.

MY SOLUTION:Use FDecimate with MultiDecimate. I read about Fdecimate and I researched it a bit,and ended up with a 25FPS--there is no pattern repeat in frames in my video. And then I used Multidecimate by using the "cycle based protect static scenes" opition setting that to CYCLE=9--removing every 9th frame because Fdecimate left it behined causing it to be 25 FPS,setting the threshold to 1 and thus end up with a NATIVE 23.976 video FILM rate. Just using the regular decimate(cycle=2 didn't help).

Thus my script that made EVERYTHING work BEAUTIFULLY for this horrid 47.972 goes as follows:

LoadPlugin("C:/fdecimate.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:/MultiDecimate.dll")
    AVISource("G:/517 - Polly in the middle.avi")
    ConvertToYUY2()
    Fdecimate(rate=26.973, threshold=2.75) #results in 25 FPS
    MultiDecimate(pass=2) #results in 23.976 FPS
    BilinearResize(480,480,0.0,0.5)
    ConvertToYV12()

So that was the script that made everything work BEAUTIFULLY, the way it should be. So once it was a native 23.976 FPS, I added 2:3 pulldown and did all the usual steps of SVCD, and it came out perfectly.

Everyone will have different Fdecimate and Multidecimate results since fdecimate tries to take out the repeated frames. Sometimes I had 3 repeated frames--no joke. It will be different for you.

Thanks to for the person suggested the doom9 forum
    Thanks to Moderate for his first idea of using decimate.
    Thanks to myself for figureing this out.

Feel free to share this knowledge.
    Just a followup from this thread
    Quote Quote