VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I've searched the forums regarding this matter and even though I could find quite a lot of people with a similar problem, I could not find the EXACT same thing, so I apologize if I am asking something already answered... I couldn't find the solution.

I've 5 files encoded with XviD 4 and AC3. I downloaded the codecs (compressors and decompressors). My system says it's supported and VirtualDub opens them fine, I used it to create WAV files for TMPGEnc.

But... TMPGEnc still crashes. I tried all kinds of different settings for VFAPI plugins (this always worked fine before) but nothing solved the problem this time. I'm trying to convert to MPG 1. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. try processing the video stream only

select ES (video only) on the lower right hand corner of tmpgenc
    if you have anything listed in teh audio path, delete it so that it is blank.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey! It Worked, thanks a lot!

Do you know why this happened? Is there a way of doing it the "classical" or do I simply join video and audio later from now on?

JB
    Quote Quote  
  4. it happens because tmpgenc does not recognize ac3 files.

yep, after you convert your file to m1v, you should multiplex the audio and video together.

another thing you can do is demux the audio from the divx file as a wave file and use that as the audio source.

so load the divx file into virtualdubmod. click on streams | stream list.
    right click on the audio stream and select full processing.
    right click on the audio stream again and click on conversion.
    make sure audio sample rate is 44100, if it isn't then place a dot next to it.
    click on ok
    click on save wav
    save the file to your hd.

load up the divx file with tmpgenc
    instead of using the audio path that it sets automaically, guide tmpgenc to the wave file that you just created.

start encoding and you should end up with a new mpg file that contains audio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Got it! Thanks, this really helped me a lot!
    Quote Quote