VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am wondering how can I extract multi channels from DVD, Bluray and movie rip files(etc. MKV). I use DVD Audio Extractor but it only able to extract audio files for DVD. Does anyone know a software to recommend? Thanks.

PS: I would also want to know to separate each audio channel in one wav file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    eac3to

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use

^ warning: the guide above may be partially incorrect or outdated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It tells me that I need to use an external software like Nero 7 to use ea3to.
    Quote Quote  
  4. HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor

I don't think it'll extract multi-channel audio to individual wave files, but it'll extract to a lossless format such as wave or wav64 which you should be able to import into Audacity and it'll split the channels for you.

I linked to the standalone version. I think you need to download eac3to and put HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor in the eac3to folder. It might also require the manual downloading of encoders if you want to convert to all the available formats. ie NeroAAC for AAC encoding.

Alternatively the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor is also built into MeGUI and can be found under MeGUI's Tools menu.

I'm pretty sure it'll extract audio from vob files, but if not you already have a pogrom for that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by wildsharks View Post
    It tells me that I need to use an external software like Nero 7 to use ea3to.
    It uses Nero7 files for decoding if they're available. If not, it'll use Libav/ffmpeg for decoding instead which are included.

The NeroAAC encoder is required if you want to encode to AAC while extracting, you can find it here. All the other encoders seem to come with eac3to itself, except the DTS encoder which isn't free.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have Nero7 installed and this thread made me realise I'd forgotten to install the Nero Blu-ray / HD DVD plugin after the last reformat, so I guess I've been decoding with Libav/ffmpeg instead when I've used eac3to. I can't say I'd noticed.

I do most of my audio conversion using foobar2000 and I'd imagine it's decoders are based on Libav/ffmpeg.

Of course if you just extract the audio with eac3to without converting it, you're not decoding it anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry, what are these terms encoders and decoders? And I am not sure what are eac3to and MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wildsharks View Post
    I'm sorry, what are these terms encoders and decoders? And I am not sure what are eac3to and MeGUI.
    https://www.videohelp.com/glossary

Time for your overdue homework, me thinks.

BTW, you're nearly 4 months late, minimum.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Anonymous344
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I don't think it'll extract multi-channel audio to individual wave files
    It will.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by wildsharks View Post
    Click on the links.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    It will.
    For future reference, what's the commandline option for that? I can't find it for some reason. It's probably listed but I'm not seeing it.
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    It will.
    For future reference, what's the commandline option for that? I can't find it for some reason. It's probably listed but I'm not seeing it.
    Cheers.
    eac3to input.ext output.wavs

notice the extension is wavS , with an "S"
    Quote Quote  
  13. Anonymous344
    Yes; pdr is of course right. The GUI presents the same option.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Audacity with the ffmpeg source plugin can read the audio tracks directly from most media files. You can then export each channel as a separate wave file if you want.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=FAQ:Installation_and_Plug-Ins#How_do_I_...ort_Library.3F

I don't think it will automatically append audio from several VOB files though. For that you could use DgIndex to open the VOB files and extract the audio as an AC3 file. You can then open the AC3 file in Audacity.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Note that Audacity (new version) expects only certain versions of lame and ffmpeg plugins for them to work. Choosing their suggested links takes you to a site w/ a bad certificate and the executable DLs get stopped by a number of Antivirus apps. The site promises that everything is okay, but I still don't trust it. Luckily, their non-executable zips work fine and pass as clean.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	eac3.PNG
Views:	1330
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	24887

Please help! No audio info is showing up. Am I missing something that's why it is not working?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Steps? Sources? We are not mind readers.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok basically, I downloaded eac3 and HD-DVD/Bluray Extractor and extract them in to the same folder. Then I open up HD-DVD/Bluray Extractor to extract audio from my .mkv video file. But I don't see anything showing up under Features and Streams. How to get them to appear?

PS: Nothing also appears with my DVD.
    Last edited by wildsharks; 30th Apr 2014 at 21:51.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have Nero 2014 installed
    Quote Quote  
  20. Anonymous344
    Next to the input panel, there is a button that says , "Select Input Files" if you hover your mouse over it. Click this, browse for your file, and open it. Then click Feature(s). Select your streams and hit Extract.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That was what I did. But nothing came out under Features for me to select.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe I'm getting a little beyond myself here, because I don't have cause to use those apps myself, but I would think from the title that "HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor" would only work with extracting from HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays. Since you were mentioning MKVs and DVDs, and neither of those fit the bill, maybe another tool would be better suited?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  23. If it's a mkv use mkvextract or mkvextractgui-2

Or if you still want mono wavs, then eac3to can do it too directly from the mkv
    Quote Quote  
  24. Anonymous344
    Despite its name, the GUI he is using does work for MKVs. I'd use the command-line myself, but I've just succeeded in doing what he's attempting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So, like I suspected, it's a PEBKAC error?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So what does it mean? If it is a PEBKAC error, than what should I do? Or should I use the mkvextract?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Anonymous344
    PEBKAC = problem exists between keyboard and chair i.e. user error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It probably means you should re-evaluate what you are doing & double-check your work. Installations, 32/64 compatabilities, codec/level-profile/container compatibilities, PATHs, settings, etc.

Troubleshoot by testing each link in the chain with known-good elements, isolating those troublesome elements and finding specific workarounds. We can't tell you much more than that because we don't know (fully) your system, nor your steps. And a sentence about what you "basically" did doesn't get us very far.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I had tried the mkvextract but it is in lossy. Any idea how do I make it lossless?

PS: My audio is in DTS format
    Last edited by wildsharks; 1st May 2014 at 18:55.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had extracted 5.1 channel audio from a DVD and the audio have vocals in it. When I convert to stereo, the vocals becomes very soft and it echoes in the music. How can I convert 5.1 channel to stereo without any change in the vocals?
    Quote Quote