VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm at my wits end. I've been using RTMP, then I tried GetFLV and many others. There is one show on CBS.com that I must get on a regular basis and for some odd reason overnight, RTMP stopped catching the stream. I've tried and tried over the past week, nothing works.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't give you a program recommendation, but the kind of thing you're talking about is much more common now and getting worse. There's money in streaming now and these content providers are changing their protocols/encryption quite often to defeat streaming download tools.

If anything, you'll probably be looking at a paid program. This sort of constantly changing standards is too much for freeware developers. A team that small can't keep up. Look at how long good freeware h.264 has taken.

Even with a paid program I suspect you'd still have problems with some sites.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For a quick and dirty solution there are always screen capturing programs.

Of course that won't be as good as a direct download.

Might I suggest that if this isn't a web only special that you look into getting an over the air capture card? Than you can simply tune in your local cbs station and capture the hd signal via ota.

Just make sure you have enough storage space as hd capturing of ota can be relatively large. Forgot the numbers as i haven't done it in quite some time. Fortunately though harddrives are fairly inexpensive these days. 500gb drives can be had for next to nothing basically.

Edit - I see you list Canada as your location. I don't know if you get cbs from ota, sorry, didn't notice that before posting.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hoser Rob - Without quoting what you said, all I can say is that is the same conclusion I came to before posting the question. I wanted to verify that my assumption was correct, and it is

Do you have any recommendations for OTA capture cards, I'll look into it, if an OTA antenna can get the signal from CBS.com.

Is there a way to know how much data viewing an online video is consuming after it's complete from a CBS.com etc ?

What paid program recommendations do you recommend ?
    Last edited by PowerFalcon; 8th Dec 2013 at 11:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No the ariel won't pick up cbs.com.

I only meant that if you had a cbs television station that broadcasted an hd ota signal. As I mentioned in my edit I didn't realize you were in Canada so I don't know if you have a cbs station feed that is in your area. It would have to be a signal you could get on any hdtv not a website.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is a local channel that does HDTV OTA. I could proceed that direction, it was easier downloading the stream.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Deceased
    Search PM
    For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any changes in streaming from cbs recently.

They send the subtitle details to the player before the first ad plays, then after the ad plays, they cough up five locations for different quality files, the highest usually being 1928k(720p). What exactly is the recent change that you have noticed.

The only funky thing about cbs files is they often have framerate set at x2 the real framerate, so some care is needed when demuxing from flv so when remuxing into new container the real framerate is used and sync is correct.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Blimey - It went from overnight, from being able to download a show that I have been downloading for months using RTMPDump to not being able to download the show at all. RTMPDump won't 'catch' the show
    Quote Quote