VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I am a newbie so bear with me.

I have a project that requires me to setup a live stream of events for a certain company. The content must be able to broadcast live or stored as an On-Demand feature.

However I have no knowledge of setting up a live stream server. Therefore I need some advice on how to do so.

Eg: what protocol to use, what hardwares and softwares are needed, bandwidth, compression format etc...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have no knowledge on live streaming, then you might consider outsourcing to a professional company that specializes in such events. They have the experience to skip most of the long testing stage, that you would have to do if you were to do this all in-house, “re-inventing the wheel” and all that.
    The on-demand part could be hosted by YouTube, I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    theduudeabides, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Case View Post
    If you have no knowledge on live streaming, then you might consider outsourcing to a professional company that specializes in such events. They have the experience to skip most of the long testing stage, that you would have to do if you were to do this all in-house, “re-inventing the wheel” and all that.
    The on-demand part could be hosted by YouTube, I guess.
    Hi Case, thanks for your reply. This is an assignment for my school project, not a real project for a company. I just need some basic understanding of the requirements to set up a live streaming server.

Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    theduudeabides, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

Hi redwudz, sorry about that. Will take note of it in the futurel.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anyone? I just need the workflow of a live stream setup. (eg. video source > encoder > server > etc.....?)
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you will find that much help here. We use vlc media player to stream stuff.
    Quote Quote