VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

After a reinstall of XP, as I tried to rip a DVD using DVDDecrypter it wanted to set the region code for the DVD Writer (LiteOn and ASUS). I tried with my two DVD Writers, and for both I got the same message.

Now I have used DVDDecrypter for so many times earlier, but never received this type of message from DVDDecrypter earlier. So at present I could not rip the DVD properly. Note: DVDFab HD Decrypter worked without any problem.

I do not want to set the region code as I watch different DVDs which may have different codes sourced both from US and Europe.

Any help please?
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Run DVD43 or ANyDVD in the background to get rid of this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get that all the time.
    It hasn't affected the number of region code changes that are shown available for the drive.

Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the input .... I'll try with AnyDVD running at the background also.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try this software on your liteon
    http://dhc014.rpc1.org/LtnRPC/

Can reset the region code an unlimited amount of times and/or set the drive to RPC-1

Also are you sure you can't rip dvds DVDDecrypter is supposed to brute force to get the keys if there is a region code mismatch.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No need to have any additional programs running. DVD Decrypter is not asking to change the region code of your drive. Because of the RCE (Region Code Enhancement) the program just needs manual input of the region code of the DVD in order to process it. The region code of your drive remains unchanged and the resulting DVD files will be region free.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks very much

Originally Posted by loster
    Also are you sure you can't rip dvds DVDDecrypter is supposed to brute force to get the keys if there is a region code mismatch.
    Nope, Brute Force approach failed.

Originally Posted by RowMan
    No need to have any additional programs running. DVD Decrypter is not asking to change the region code of your drive. Because of the RCE (Region Code Enhancement) the program just needs manual input of the region code of the DVD in order to process it. The region code of your drive remains unchanged and the resulting DVD files will be region free.
    Hmmmm...maybe that's why sambat is getting a unlimited chance...
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote