VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am going to edit a three camera HDV shoot. The source video files that are available to me are Matrox AVI files. The tapes are no longer available. The files were captured by someone who uses Premiere Pro CS3 with a Matrox board. Will Sony Vegas Pro 8 recognize the Matrox AVI codec? If not, are there any transcoding tools / tips? I assume these must be uncompressed AVI files but I don't know if there is anything unique about the Matrox codec.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm pretty sure the Matrox codec is a mjpg variant (at least the one for capturing; there is a DV version too), you can double check with mediainfo and rule out that it's not some other bizzare implementation. If Vegas doesn't play nice with importing natively, you could use a lossless intermediate (e.g. use ffdshow to decode the matrox => encode to lagarith in vdub)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had some Matrox DV clips (Type-2 avi), and they worked fine in Premiere. AviCodec identified the Matrox clips as "Sony dvsd." I would think the clips would work in Vegas -- but you're talking about an HDV project, so I can't be too sure.
    Quote Quote