VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i've been trying to re-encode a mkv that is 8bit to 10bit with subs, but for some reason as the anime progresses the video runs faster then the original making the subs all out of sync. The frame rate are both the same.

Below are picture of both video streams at exactly the same time:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Re-encoding from 8 bit to 10 bit will gain no quality. If anything you will loose quality.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. 10 bit has a better quality over file size ratio, i'm not trying to improve quality by encoding from 8 bit to 10 bit im trying to lower the file size from 450mb to 100 mb and have the best quality for size.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are just going to ruin it man. You already have a perfectly good file and you want to reduce it by more than 1/4 the size? Stop having such insane thoughts.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hahaha trust me i have the same thought, but im trying to host low size anime, for people with limited bandwidth. I prefer my anime 1080p and 1gb+ per ep in size
    Quote Quote  
  6. Listen what FulciLives says. Quality will be noticable worsen . Even 10bit won't help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I know, but for the original question, does anyone know why the videos would switch speeds while having the same frame rate?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps the original was encoded with a variable framerate instead of a constant framerate. If true you can pretty much format about ever converting it and getting it to work. I've run into such files before and they are worthless.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I finally managed to do it check it out 102mb file and the quality might be a lot worse but still its not too bad for the size -> www.etsu.me

It was the program I was using, it was screwed. So I just used the command line as it was much easier. For people with the same problem in the presets insert: --fps (fps output you want it to be). The program didn't do it
    Quote Quote