VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there. I have recently imported some R1 DVD's, and have ripped them to my computers hardrive.
    Now, I usually buy American copies of Anime DVD's to avoid the NTSC to PAL conversion to avoid the horrible ghosting within the frames PAL format provides on Animation and other forms of media.

I use AnyDVD to rip my R1 copies and bypass the region coding.

Getting down to the nooks and crannies, this is the problem.

My NTSC DVD's have the same frame ghosting the PAL DVD's do. (maybe a little less, but still.)
    I use VLC to deinterlace most of my media, and there is still ghosting..here is an example. (Using VLC-deinterlacing the video-mode is blend

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	669
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	29105

I bought the NTSC DVD's to avoid this issue..seeing as Anime is made in the NTSC frame rate.

Help me fix this please.

I know using discard on VLC fixes the ghosting issue..but the lines on the characters/backgrounds becomes extremely choppy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Speeny View Post
    I use VLC to deinterlace most of my media, and there is still ghosting..here is an example. (Using VLC-deinterlacing the video-mode is blend
    That's the culprit. Of course you get blends (you call it ghosts) if you use blend deinterlace!

Use Yadif (2x) deinterlace mode in VLC. Using anything else (except Bob) will give you jerky motion anyways because it discards half the motion present in both fields.

Edit: Since Anime is Telecined with 3:2 pulldown (most of the time), you should try "Film NTSC (IVTC)" mode as well, but it may fail to deinterlace parts where there are edits done in 30i.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!