VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok something weird. It has been now a week that my dvd burner LITE-ON LH-20A1H firmware LLOC is hard to open the tray. I need to hit the open button several times to open. But now here is the weird part, If I record from it, after each recording, it opens with no problem. But when I reboot or start up the PC, I need to hit the button several times in order to open tray. Is my burner dieing? If it is, I just got it 3 months ago. I appreciate any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the eject button is probably just sticking. Use the pc to open & close the tray. for example within IMGBURN you can use the load or eject feature to open/close the tray.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks but it's not that. I use IMGBURN to eject when i read or write a dvd, this just happens when a fresh boot up, or whenever i use it for the first time. But after i start using it, it opens & closes with no problem. It does not want to open unless i hit the open button several times.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The drive is wearing out. Power off fully retracts the tray and its binding. A couple of attempts to open => success. My Lite-On recorder has been doing this for some time. Later symptoms will be needing to push the tray to give it a start at closing.

Optical drives use a cheap plastic gear to move the tray. The plastic wears and develops problems moving the tray.
    Quote Quote