VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, my last post on the matter, just wanted to be 100% before spending another load of readies and ending up with something I don;'t really want.

I am looking at the Sony PC330 for a general cam and then I can do a few wedding vids for a few mates who are getting married this year.

I have the Sony IP1 but really want to add an external mic for better sound as the IP1 is not very good on the sound. Also want nightshot which the IP1 doesn't have. like the fact the PC330 has a manual focus ring (though to be honest probably won't use too often).

Just wondered if the PC330 is the cam for me, I want a better picture than from the TRV33 and 22 and like the 3.3 mb stills, also the 2.2 mb vid on the PC330.

Question is "can anyone recomend the PC330" having used it, or does anyone think that I will be better off with another model.

I've got to sell my IP1 and have someone interested with around £750 and I have about another £250 to spend. (Works out at $1000.00)

I'm buying from the states and having it shipped over as the $ rate is too good to turn down. The PC330 can be bought with a Senniser MKE300 mic with a few extras for around $1700 so am within budget. Any other dv cams worth looking at???

Again, last post before I buy so I have please good advice.

T
    Quote Quote  
  2. By the looks of it your in the UK. Dont buy it from the states as it will be NTSC and you will have more problems than you can handle.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Its ok, I can buy a PC330E from B&H in the states at $1399 compared to cheapest here at £985 ($1773), shipping is taken care of.

T
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But as monstermash said, if you buy it from the States it will be NTSC standard. In the UK we use PAL standard so it will not be compatible with your TV, video recorder, computer, etc.

$1399 is a lot of money to spend on a camcorder that records tapes that you can only ever play back and view on the camcorder screen because you probably won't be able to view them on anything else!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've a PC330 and it works very well. I'm impressed by the picture quality. I had a sony VX2000e which is the semi-pro (ish) version. Its not as good the VX2000, but close enough for weddings etc. The wife can't tell any difference from DVDs burnt from either camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. TH PC330E is the Europeon PAL version.

Thanks to sahotash for input, I have a feeling most ppl wouldn't notice the difference.

T
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you absolutely sure it will be the E suffix PAL version if you buy from the States? If it is, yes it's a very good price but be 100% sure you are getting the correct one before spending the money. Also, bear in mind that when it arrives you should be charged import duty and VAT on top of what you have paid for it. You might be lucky and Customs miss it, but I doubt it as it will have to have a Customs declaration sticker stating what it is and the value on the outside of the package.
    Quote Quote  
  8. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=304371&is=REG

Pretty sure,

and the tax is taken care of

just wanted to make sure its the camera for me.

T
    Quote Quote