VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's odd. I have been working with .ts video for months now (with no issues). All of the sudden it's slowing down in the preview window of my video editor. However when I put it on the timeline it works fine, it even produces fine. However it's annoying to have to look at all of my video from the timeline.

I have all of the drivers updated, and it shouldn't be happening. I uninstalled everything I could think of that I have installed lately. Does anyone else have there .ts files do this in there editors? All of the other file formats even .msts works fine. It's just .ts. Is there a codec I can install to fix this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What editor?
    Can you play the ts in windows media player?

Try reinstall decoders like ffdshow and maybe haali media splitter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    What editor?
    Can you play the ts in windows media player?

Try reinstall decoders like ffdshow and maybe haali media splitter.
    I am using PowerDirector 12. It's strange it just all of the sudden started happening. I uninstalled, and reinstalled it and it didn't fix it.

I just tried it in WMP and it worked just fine.

As far as I know I have never installed either of those decoders you have mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could also try remuxing the ts with tsMuxer, may be there is some broken header or similar.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just figured something out:

I record the footage on another computer (laptop it's an intel 1.6 ghz computer I believe, it's about six years old). It has been working fine as a recording device for the last few years.

I tested a TS, MSTS file from a recording from that computer on my faster computer and it's running slow on the preview window. I tested a TS and MSTS file that I made on this more powerful computer and it works fine from the preview window.

Why would it not work when it's a pure transfer from my old computer, but it works fine when I create the finish product from the same source. How can I fix my old computer to go back to recording ts files without causing the slowdown? I am using a Hauppauge HD PVR 2, on my old laptop.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just guessing.
    If a recording is at 25 fps on both computers does Mediainfo verify that.
    Then, is preview frame rate also at 25 fps, or slowed down, somehow, to maybe 15 fps.

This may lead to something.
    https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16453&prodId=4&prodVerId=1052
    Last edited by pcspeak; 1st Aug 2014 at 01:03. Reason: Forgot to add url
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!