VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I have Power Director 11 editing software. And Windows 7.
    When I try to burn edited and produced video footage to DVD, using PD 11, I get as far as the authoring/burning page without any problem, the authoring process starts but almost immediately the screen goes momentarily blank, then an error message appears.
    It disappears very quickly, but the gist of the message is that Dockbar has stopped working and that the display driver with graphics accelerator stopped working and then re-started.
    That is the message. What happens then is that nothing appears in the authoring box to display authoring progress as a percentage. But the time elapsed display shows the time that's passing. I've left it on for an hour and nothing else happens.
    Clearly, the authoring is not taking place.
    When I now try to close that page, or when I click on cancel and then try to close, there's a ping and nothing happens.
    Same when I try to click on anything else to close the program. The only way I can do it is by shutting down the PC. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks very much.
    laurencewithau
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sounds like PD11 and dockbar are competing for the same resources. Try turning dockbar off or uninstalling it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We need more information about your system other than it being "hp computer"

Determine GPU's involved

Some systems may include more than one gpu option

Example laptop: acer aspire 5742g includes intel and nvidia ... one can force and application to run on nvidia rather than intel.

Some desktops may have more than 2 gpu options ... sli or other (other being my case, 4 gpu's)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Sounds like PD11 and dockbar are competing for the same resources. Try turning dockbar off or uninstalling it.
    Hi Smrpix. Thanks for the advice. I updated the graphics driver and am now able to burn video to DVD. However, a message displays to say that the CPU is struggling, or words to that effect. Thanks again,
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Bjs. I updated to graphic card driver, and the burning takes place now. But a message appears to say the CPU is struggling, or something like that. Not sure what GPU is. The graphics card is Intel HD graphics 2000. Thanks for replying. Will look up GPU.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by laurencewithau View Post
    ... a message appears to say the CPU is struggling, or something like that...
    What is producing this message? It sounds like your cpu is being heavily used, which is normal for encoding, which is what it's actually doing, not burning.

As bs mentioned, you need to provide more info on your hardware.

Saying you updated the driver doesn't help. Which driver?
    Quote Quote