VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear,

I have a project to produce a video clip for 60 minutes. The video clip has 82 background image, 320 subtitle image with Chroma background, and 320 audio clips.

I’m wondering if there is a production software that can batch these files in XML file or other format and produce the video clip automatically without inserting the clips manually.

The reason that I need to do it via a script or batch file, because I have to do the same project every week but with different audio and image files. So if I can automate the process it’s gonna be great job.

Any hints are highly appreciated.

Sample of the timeline
    Audio1.wav 00:00:00 00:00:45
    Audio1.wav 00:00:46 00:01:22
    …. Etc..

Background1.jpg 00:00:00 00:03:00
    Background1.jpg 00:03:00 00:06:00
    …. Etc..
    Subtitle1.jpg 00.00.00 00.00.03
    Subtitle2.jpg 00.00.04 00.00.08
    .. etc..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most NLE's have a "replace" function. If your assets are named the same and in a different folder e.g. file0001.jpg ,file0002.jpg, etc... and the audio clips are the same duration each week - all you have to do is replace the 1st one and all instances will be swapped, preserving all edits/effects/transitions etc...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Poisondeathray..

Unfortunately, all the files are vary, this is the reason I'm looking for a software that I can feed it with a XML or CSV file which has all the info and get a rendered clip..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Exactly what characteristics vary ? IN/OUT points, names, durations , filetypes ?

If that's the case wouldn't you have to edit XML's weekly ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. The duration of audio file is different from week to week..

Yes, this is the case, and I'll edit the XML file every week, now I want a production software that has this feature..
    Last edited by OrangeDC; 12th Feb 2014 at 13:21.
    Quote Quote  
  6. So are audio & video & subs are loosely related (timing is not important) ? Because by editing XML only , it's difficult to time/sync audio & video & subs . It will be an "arbitrary" edit.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Forget the subs, in my case it's an image not a text, so deal with it as an image that's going to appear for couple of seconds. Sorry for confusing.

So the input is: Audio Files + pictures + timeline for both

Output: file.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  8. So timing is not important? Because manually editing text entries isn't that pleasant

Most pro NLE's have import/export capability for various EDL formats like XML, AAF, EDL, CSV, TXT , etc... But their syntax will be different than what you have outlined

There are 1sec gaps in your audio example (is that a typo) , are there transitions or hard cuts & silence ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. would you please guide me to one of them..
    Quote Quote  
  10. eg. premiere pro , fcpx (mac) , edius, avid media composer

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-advanced

If timing is not important , there are scripts that import image sequences, audio & put together a video. e.g. all images have a default duration of "x" seconds

If you want to manually make text edits weekly, maybe putting something in an avisynth script is an option. You can avoid a NLE alltogether
    Quote Quote  
  11. If i want to search in Google for this feature in Premier Pro, what is the keyword that you suggest to search for..?
    Quote Quote  
  12. "premiere pro xml import export" or "premiere pro edl import export"

I dont think this is a good way to go. EDL's are more for transferring projects between different systems and programs. Yes, they save the clips' in/out points, but editing it will be a pain . It's not really an "automatic" process. Someone experienced with an NLE / shortcuts and workflow could probaby edit it faster the normal way and with better timing

A truly automatic solution would be done through scripting, where it would adjust the timing and duration to audio & video total runtime matches. But precise timing to individual events is not possible .
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 12th Feb 2014 at 14:10.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank for the info..

BTW, does Premiere supports Scripting..
    Quote Quote  
  14. Not the type of scripting required for an automatic solution
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thank you very much Poisondeathray for your help and patient..
    Quote Quote  
  16. Is writing a script each week really easier than

grabbing your music and plunking it into a timeline,
    grabbing your stills and plunking them into the timeline
    grabbing your subs and plunking them into the timeline

exporting?
    Quote Quote  
  17. It depends on what is required in terms of timing. If timing isn't important , then importing is easier than modifing a script

Importing is the easy part. You don't import them one by one, you import them as a sequence (everything is place on the timeline at once). But just "plunking" them on a timeline isn't all you have to do, you still have to "edit" it.

You can import image sequences e.g. import a folder of 82 jpegs, each with a default duration of "x" seconds - but you probably want to edit the timing correspond to the audio and "subs" or pictures or text or whatever it is - at least I would

Experienced editors can easily do a dozen small edits a minute through keyboard shortcuts
    Quote Quote  
  18. @poisondeathray, totally agree. Also, I bet it's still quicker to trim durations with a mouse on a timeline than to type numbers for each clip.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about a batch file that writes an avisynth script for the contents of a folder of image and wav files then renders the script using ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote