VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have two questions.
    (1) How we can edit audio CD/DVD? Means if we have CD or DVD and we want to remove some portion from that CD or DVD and write new CD or DVD from that edited audio. Is there any good software( free if possible) for that?
    Plz also let me know good software which is not free.

(2) How we can record audio from online audio listening website. Is there any software for that which can record
    in some audio format e.g. mp3 and which can be saved on our PC.

Thanks in advance,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1) First step, rip the audio to your PC. For audio CD, Audacity is free. DVD is worse because your audio will probably be AC3 format and you'll have to convert. Search on the internet for guides to converting from DVD audio (or AC3) to CD audio.
    2) The "Tools" section here lists programs that can do this, but I have never used one of them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by prayami

(2) How we can record audio from online audio listening website. Is there any software for that which can record
    in some audio format e.g. mp3 and which can be saved on our PC.
    Hi
    It's possible to record from some online radio stations using free software.
    Then you can convert it to mp3 or whatever.
    But you need to know the URL of the audio stream.
    Some stations try to hide it.
    8)
    Quote Quote  
  4. prayami, 1)you have to have realplayer installed in your system. 2)you must have any sound recorder like soundtap. open the site which have the audio files. play it. then open soundtap and record what you hear thorugh your earphone. you have to wait for sometime to get the file played. you have to press the record button at the correct moment of playing the audio. the quality will not be so good. try and enjoy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for reply,

I have downloaded Audacity. Recording option is there in Audacity.

Will it work to record from online or like "sumeshkri" said I will be require realplayer?

What is soundtap? Is it software that require to buy? Or can we get the free software for that?

Thanks,
    Quote Quote