VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an overabundant amount of codecs on my machine. Some software won't let me use the codecs that i wanna use. Is there any alternatives out there that will? Like maybe an XP hack that will open up the codecs to use in any video-related software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What software are you talking about ?

Not all software will see all codecs on your system (AVI Demux, for example).
    Some software will only see vfw codecs while some will only see DirectShow codecs.

What format are you trying to convert from and to, with what software ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stupid question, I'm sure, but are you certain your YouTube downloader allows for conversion, and not just downloading the video?

If I remember correctly, several of the 'downloaders' that convert just call ffmpeg/mencoder to re-encode the video, rather than use the codecs/filters that are installed on the system, so you may be limited to whatever few options the downloader's creators set.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote