VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone, been lurking these forums for awhile..have always found a solution to my questions without needing to ask. But this time i am stumped.

At the moment we have alot of VOB files. What we are after is the most efficient way of manually splitting these into scenes, adding our logo down the bottom right corner and outputting each scene into several different WMV profiles.

So far programs either dont support vob, dont have a manual edit time line, don't support watermarks or cant save as WMV...AVS Media Converter is the closest to what we want, but their support is horrible and the interface is anything but friendly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tapek
    At the moment we have alot of VOB files. What we are after is the most efficient way of manually splitting these into scenes, adding our logo down the bottom right corner and outputting each scene into several different WMV profiles.
    Open the VOB files with DVD Shrink and split the two scenes (into two different titlesets).

2) Convert those into AVIs with AutoGK (https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=301015).
    3) Use VirtualDub to add your logo. (https://www.videohelp.com/faq#logoadd)
    4) Then after saving that use Windows Movie Maker to convert to WMV. (adding the video to a storyboard or timeline and saving it as a WMM).

Hope this helps!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly we need to split into however many scenes the movie has, anywhere between 3 and 10. So it has to be a manual split option.

Saving from one format to another is something we are trying to avoid if possible so the end results are the best possible.

Also i am talking about over 1500 vobs, so batch capacity is a must.

We used to use virtualdub, batch process everything into an xvid, then use cleaner xl with its watch folder to encode everything..but i have been told to find something that goes straight from source to output so thats what i am trying to do.

Best option i can think of so far, is split the vob files into mpeg without re-encoding (is it possible to split audio and video into seperate files without re-encoding anything?) then using cleaner or some other batch program to encode and add watermarks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tapek
    Firstly we need to split into however many scenes the movie has, anywhere between 3 and 10. So it has to be a manual split option.

Saving from one format to another is something we are trying to avoid if possible so the end results are the best possible.

Also i am talking about over 1500 vobs, so batch capacity is a must.

We used to use virtualdub, batch process everything into an xvid, then use cleaner xl with its watch folder to encode everything..but i have been told to find something that goes straight from source to output so thats what i am trying to do.

Best option i can think of so far, is split the vob files into mpeg without re-encoding (is it possible to split audio and video into seperate files without re-encoding anything?) then using cleaner or some other batch program to encode and add watermarks.
    Consider VideoReDo for your VOB joining and editing and scene splitting. It can save as mpeg2, VOB, or as elementary streams and it does not re-encode either video or audio.

For WMV encoding you could try the Windows Media Encoder command line script, WMCmd.vbs which can easily be used in batch mode, but for encoding mpeg2 you will probably have to source it via aviSynth and deal with all the usual issues such as interlace, field order, telecine, etc. I've been using a free program called AutoMKV to do this. It is a mpeg4 encoder gui and has a queue feature for batching some number of conversions.
    Quote Quote