VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Has anyone done this yet? There are two versions of the movie on the DVD. Do you all just rip the dvd with shrink and burn or what? Was just getting some tips. THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    did you use dvd shrink first? Isn't DVDFab Decrypter the same as DVD Decrypter?

And btw. Can you post your instructions on how to backup a DVD? Thank would be excellent.

I use DVD Shrink to shrink and then CloneDVD2 to take out previews and such. Does that sound right? For some reason i'm getting confused on what to use first. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I used Dvd Fab Decrypter:

1) Download Latest version DVD Fab Decrypter

2) Install Download with desktop shortcut.

3) Click on DVDFab Decrypter Desktop shortcut.

4) Insert Wedding Crashers and click start button.

5) Wait for finished successfully.

6) Insert Blank disc.

7) Click on Nero (or favorite burning software).

8 ) Burn Backup from decrypted folder contents.

that's how I did it. DVD Decrypter is no longer updated as it was put out of business last year. DVDFab Decrypter has quickly taken it's place.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ROF
    I used Dvd Fab Decrypter:

1) Download Latest version DVD Fab Decrypter

2) Install Download with desktop shortcut.

3) Click on DVDFab Decrypter Desktop shortcut.

4) Insert Wedding Crashers and click start button.

5) Wait for finished successfully.

6) Insert Blank disc.

7) Click on Nero (or favorite burning software).

8 ) Burn Backup from decrypted folder contents.

that's how I did it. DVD Decrypter is no longer updated as it was put out of business last year. DVDFab Decrypter has quickly taken it's place.
    That way works good if you are using DL dvdr's 8)

tmac2085

Rip the dvd to your hard drive with DVDFab Decrypter, open and shrink how you want in DVD Shrink and then burn back to a dvdr
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Noahtuck:

is that how you burn all your dvds? What do you use to edit stuff out like the warnings, trailers, etc?
    Quote Quote  
  6. DVD Shrink will. If you want the uncorked version of wedding crashers it will be the first title in the reauthor setting. Hope that helps ya. Good luck
    Life is like a pothole, you just have to learn to get around it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvdguy4
    DVD Shrink will. If you want the uncorked version of wedding crashers it will be the first title in the reauthor setting. Hope that helps ya. Good luck
    The first title is only under 7 minutes long? Is that really how long the movie is?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Title 1 under main movie is the uncorked version of it. Then the next is the theatrical version
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used dvd dedrypter 3.5.4.0 to rip the whole disc to HD then used dvd-rb 1.04 and cce sp 2.67 to backup main movie I had no problems backing this movie up with these two programs
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    when i open the DVD files made from dvdfab decrypter in DVD Shrink I clicked re-author and under main movie there is:

Title 10
    Title 43
    Title 44
    Title 65
    Title 67

thats it for the main movie. weird huh? Also if i want to blank out something using dvd shrink i have to insert the image right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    for some reason i see the main movie under the folder called "Unreferenced Material" and its not called Title 1. Its VTS 2. So i have no clue what happened.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when you open the movie with shrink did you find a movie file that is right at 1hr and 58 or 59 min? if so that would be the movie.if you want just movie and no xtras or menus open dvd shrink click reauthor button the find the location of movie file on HD double click folder drag and drop movie in to window on the left and click back-up look at compression settings under re-author might have some non english sub's and audio you could get rid of(dvd fab decrypter and dvd decrypter are two diferent prog's)dvd fad decrytper is updated and dvd decrypter is no longer updated.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is one of those odd movies where the movie is split. Which ones are they? I don't know since I just backed up the entire disc to a DL disc. Anyone know which titles are just the main movie including the added scenes?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    didn't know it was split never really looked at the structure of it ripped entire disc with dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0 and ran it through dvd rebuilder and it played perfect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i found them using clonedvd2 it making new dvd files now. hopefully the quality is good. I played the original files with powerdvd and it was EXCELLENT...sooo ::fingers crossed::

but it really sucks cause im out of DVDs...which i should be gettin some from newegg in a matter of days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    got it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried to back-up using dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0?backup entire movie in file mode the try dvd shrink to reauthor to just do movie
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well,
    The other day i checked and this movie does not even have any of the new protections on it!!!

For some reason when ripped with DVDFab Decrypter it is not showing up correctly in DVD Shrink.
    That is why people are not seeing the diff. versions of the movie in reauthor mode.

I was going to post it the other day but then saw DVDFab Decrypter was updated on the 10th, thought they must have fixed it, and updated again today.

I tested each new version and still get the same problem.

Here are screen shots.

DVD Decrypter or opened directly from disc in DVD Shrink 3.2
    FullDisc

ReAuthor mode

Ripping with DVDFab Decrypter versions 2.9.6.6, 2.9.6.8 Beta2 & 2.9.6.8
    FullDisc

ReAuthor mode

Ripping with DVD Decrypter or opening directly in DVD Shrink 3.2 at least lets you choose which version to BU if you want to do movie only.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I was able to do a full backup with the latest anydvd and dvdshrink.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dv8ted2
    I was able to do a full backup with the latest anydvd and dvdshrink.
    Huh ??

I did a full backup with JUST dvdshrink
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Well,
    The other day i checked and this movie does not even have any of the new protections on it!!!

For some reason when ripped with DVDFab Decrypter it is not showing up correctly in DVD Shrink.
    That is why people are not seeing the diff. versions of the movie in reauthor mode.

I was going to post it the other day but then saw DVDFab Decrypter was updated on the 10th, thought they must have fixed it, and updated again today.

I tested each new version and still get the same problem.

Here are screen shots.

DVD Decrypter or opened directly from disc in DVD Shrink 3.2
    FullDisc

ReAuthor mode

Ripping with DVDFab Decrypter versions 2.9.6.6, 2.9.6.8 Beta2 & 2.9.6.8
    FullDisc

ReAuthor mode

Ripping with DVD Decrypter or opening directly in DVD Shrink 3.2 at least lets you choose which version to BU if you want to do movie only.
    i also found the incorrect file structure as you have pictured. at first i ripped with dvdfab decrypter then I had a runtime error when using dvdrb pro. so I decided to re-ripped the disc with good ole dvd decrypter and no problems after that.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I tried ripping with DVD Decrypter and am using Nero Recode 2.0 to convert. However, I am having the same problem, where both versions of the movie are showing up as one title.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LordPython
    I tried ripping with DVD Decrypter and am using Nero Recode 2.0 to convert. However, I am having the same problem, where both versions of the movie are showing up as one title.
    Why use nero recode? just use dvdshrink and choose title one to shrink. use the last version of dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I just blank out all of the extra stuff like the trailers, previews etc. and recompress it using DVD-RB and CCE. Will it play just fine?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hey guys I found out a trick. I was trying copy Wedding Crashers. I had previously had ripped it to a DVD. The DVD worked but when I went to use DVD Shrink on it I couldn't see title 1 or Title 2. I was shrinking it to put just the movie on a external hard drive to use with my WD Live. I was having the same issue that you were all having.

Here's what I did: I ripped the disk to the hard drive using Any DVD. I then ran Vob Blanker on it and that's when I got an error message which was saying to skip VTS 2. I found out if you skip VTS 2 the movie will not play. I then opened just VTS 2 in VOB blanker. I opened it to were it listed all the files in VTS 2 at the bottom of screen. I then blank all the ones they say 0 size. I then created a file to place the recreated DVD in and then hit process. I then waited until its done and I then ran DVD shrink on the file. Then when I hit edit I was able to see title 1 and title 2 show up. Title 1 is the "uncorked version and Title 2 is the theatrical version. That should solve your problem as it did mine.
    Quote Quote