VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am sorry if this question has already been answerd :)

I burn my avi films to a disk using nero 7 burning rom. I burn the whole film including a menu screen and chapters to a blank 4.7gb disk. When i play the disk on my Xbox 360 the films play fine. But when i watch my films down stairs on another DVD player they freeze skip parts of the movie. It cant be the DVD player because its a new DVD player and the same thing happens on my sisters DVD player when i burn films for her.

Im just wondering if there is any way i can burn my films onto a disk that can play on any DVD player smoothly?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use IMGBURN to burn dvd discs. NERO is junky to use for burning dvd medial. Also if you're using crappy dvd media like MEMOREX or TDK that could be why you're having problems. Use good quality dvd media like VERBATIM or TAIYO YUDEN.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by dvd media?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ssaamm
    What do you mean by dvd media?
    The brand of DVD discs you are using. The most common problem with DVD burning are the discs used. The discs you are using may not be 100% compatible with your burner or your players. Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. If you still have problems, then change your disc burning program. If you still have failures, then your burner may be going bad or there is something in your software conversion that is causing problems.

If you are converting AVI type files off the net, you might try ConvertXToDVD (Payware) or one of the free all-in-one programs like DVD Flick or FAVC. They generally work better than Nero. And I would definitely use ImgBurn instead of Nero for the burning part. Nero can produce non-standard discs at times.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The disks i use are called Verbatim DVD-R. Are they any good?

Also if i use IMGBURN would i be able to create DVD chapters or a menu where i can select scenes?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ssaamm
    Also if i use IMGBURN would i be able to create DVD chapters or a menu where i can select scenes?
    No, ImgBurn is a burning program, period. Creating menus and chapters is the function of authoring software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try AVStoDVD (free) or DVD Flick (free) or ConvertXtoDVD (not free) to convert your movies. Both AVStoDVD and DVD Flick can be set to automatically burn your discs with Imgburn once conversion is complete.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Try AVStoDVD (free) or DVD Flick (free) or ConvertXtoDVD (not free) to convert your movies. Both AVStoDVD and DVD Flick can be set to automatically burn your discs with Imgburn once conversion is complete.
    So if i use AVStoDVD or DVD Flick i can a menu screen and DVD chapters then i can burn it using IMGBURN?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote