VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to use Nero to burn my DVD's, but even though I download the newest version, i don't have the option of burning to a DVD.

You'll notice the box at the top left hand corner that I am supposed to change to DVD isn't there.

http://myfiles.scriptmania.com/nero.jpg
    there's a picture of what I mean.

I have my serial number for Nero and everything, i just can't get how to let me do DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. First of all which version do you own 5.5.8.2 or 5.5.9.0 are the ones that support DVD ?

Second do you own a DVD Writer; otherwise the DVD selection is not comming up ?

Third did you install your DVD Writer after you installed Nero ? If yes you should deinstall Nero and reinstall it, then it should work !!!

/\/\ax2206
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok - no reinstalling or anything is necessary. I hope you didn't actually do that. Here is what you do:

1) Go up to the File menu and select Preferences.
    2) Click the Expert Features tab in the preferences window.
    3) Look near the bottom of the Expert Features tab and put a check in the box to the left of "Show all compilation types (even those, that the recorders don't support) in the new compilation dialog."
    4) Click the OK button

Now when you go to make a new compilation, a DVD will be one of the choices!

-Matt
    matty_@hotmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks everyone.

I have a DVD writer (a QPS/QUE Firewire one) but my damn computer never detects it.... or my laptop. I know the main computer I'm on is Windows ME, and that needs a patch, but NO sites have the patch!

And the software it came with (NeoDVD) sucks monkey balls so I un-installed it.

Is there some way for the comp. to detect the Firewire device ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK i see your problem ...

When i received my DVR104 it was also installed in a external firewire cabinet. But i also could not use nero !!! It did not recognize my writer in the firewire cabinet. I mailed to Ahead, and received a msg that told me to wait, they are aware of the problem and are working on it, so i installed my dvr104 internal as an atapi device.

/\/\ax2206
    /\/\ax2206 frm Belgium
    Quote Quote