VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by smartel View Post
    very good themaster1 ; specially for the bottom part that was more distorted
    How did you do that ? how did you get all the chroma noise out ?
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=8.5,sigma4 =4.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=3, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0) #
    fft3dgpu(bt=4,sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=8.5,sigm a4=4.0,bw=8,bh=8,ow=4,oh=4,sharpen=0,plane=0,mode= 1,precision=2,interlaced=false,oldfft=false)
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=6.5,sigma4 =6.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=3, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0) #
    fft3dgpu(bt=4,sigma=3.0,sigma2=2.0,sigma3=5.5,sigm a4=6.0,bw=16,bh=16,ow=8,oh=8,sharpen=0,plane=0,mod e=1,precision=2,interlaced=false,oldfft=false)

That's what i used basically
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'd like to try with neat + fft3d problem is i can't find a good frame (flat, featureless area in your video). If you can provide a sample with such frames that'd help
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    i'd like to try with neat + fft3d problem is i can't find a good frame (flat, featureless area in your video). If you can provide a sample with such frames that'd help

ok i'll look into that
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here it is , but with neatvideo would take a zillion years
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Always had problems using removedirt because i have tried it with xvid4psp i think and the error said that it needed sse2 to work ,, so ,, i can't use that
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think there are different several removedirt and removegrain versions (and several versions of those versions! - it's very confusing, trust me). Try using the one that is not labelled sse2 or sse3. In the QTGMC at doom9 thread, there are links to several removedirt versions in a zip file

e.g

removedirt.dll
    removedirtSSE2.dll
    removedirtSSE3.dll

You should only have 1 version of a particular in the plugins directory (otherwise conficts occur). I'm using the SSE2 version, but I think the removedirt.dll version should work . I read somewhere that the SSE3 version is unstable (I can't recall if that was for removedirt or removegrain)

Jagabo said adding chubbyrain2 to the original script you used worked in clearing up those moving lines, so you can try that too.
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 18th Jun 2011 at 13:07.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and what about the removedirtMC that is in the previous script ?

i may drop some fonctions for it to work , thanks a lot
    Last edited by smartel; 18th Jun 2011 at 15:03.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by smartel View Post
    and what about the removedirtMC that is in the previous script ?

i may drop some fonctions for it to woek , thanks a lot
    RemoveDirtMC isn't a .dll , it's a modified function based on RemoveDirt. It's MC (= motion compensated) , so tends to be more selective accurate (less blurry) than the original RemoveDirt function .

I'm sure I posted it on VH before .If you can't find it I'll dig it up

EDIT: just copy these to the bottom of your script. There are seveal versions of this floating around too. This one has been modified to work with mvtools 2.x

Code:

function RemoveDirt(clip input, int limit, bool _grey)
    {
      clensed=input.Clense(grey=_grey, cache=4)
      alt=input.RemoveGrain(2)
      return RestoreMotionBlocks(clensed,input,alternative=alt,pthreshold=6,cthreshold=8, gmthreshold=40,dist=3,              dmode=2,debug=false,noise=limit,noisy=4, grey=_grey)
    }

function RemoveDirtMC(clip,int limit, bool "_grey")
    {
      _grey=default(_grey, false)
      limit = default(limit,6)
      i=MSuper(clip,pel=2)
      bvec = MAnalyse(i,isb=false, blksize=8, delta=1, truemotion=true)
      fvec = MAnalyse(i,isb=true, blksize=8, delta=1, truemotion=true)
      backw = MFlow(clip,i,bvec)
      forw  = MFlow(clip,i,fvec)
      clp=interleave(backw,clip,forw)
      clp=clp.RemoveDirt(limit,_grey)
      clp=clp.SelectEvery(3,1)
      return clp
    }
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    seams soooo slow .... based on your recommendations i'll have to search for filters that are a little more fast

and poisondeathray i still have avisynth error

i have to go i think i'll look more into that tomorrow
    thank you for your time
    Quote Quote  
  10. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how long did it take to process that ??

have you kept the settings ?

can avisynth import neatvideo and it's setting ?

anyway i got lots of help from you guys but .... nothing seams to really work always get an error

i got avisynth installed (2.5) and i'm mostly importing the plugins from the avisynth version inside megui
    i must have something not setup right or conflicts grrrrrrrr duh !
    Last edited by smartel; 18th Jun 2011 at 20:37.
    Quote Quote  
  12. well took me some time i got a Pentium 4 (before dual cores era....) you can use it avisynth but i think you need the pro version, but you can try, i know on mine i got a warning first but it's processing the video anyway (home version)

You would write it like this:

Avisource("C:\Source2..avi", fourCC="HFYU", pixel_type="YUY2")
    Assumetff()
    separatefields()
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=8.5,sigma4 =4.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=3, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0)
    fft3dgpu(bt=4,sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=8.5,sigm a4=4.0,bw=8,bh=8,ow=4,oh=4,sharpen=0,plane=0,mode= 1,precision=2,interlaced=false,oldfft=false)
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=6.5,sigma4 =6.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=3, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0)
    fft3dgpu(bt=4,sigma=3.0,sigma2=2.0,sigma3=5.5,sigm a4=6.0,bw=16,bh=16,ow=8,oh=8,sharpen=0,plane=0,mod e=1,precision=2,interlaced=false,oldfft=false)
    weave()
    ConverttoRGB32(matrix="rec601",interlaced=true)
    LoadVirtualDubPlugin("C:\Program Files\VirtualDub-1.9.8\plugins\NeatVideo.vdf", "NeatVideo", 1)
    NeatVideo("C:\Program Files\Neat Video for VirtualDub\PROFILES\blablabla.dnp", "C:\Program Files\Neat Video for VirtualDub\PRESETS\blabla.nfp", "1.0", "1", "1", "1")
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec601",interlaced=true)
    noise profile: http://www.sendspace.com/file/27ixvy
    filter preset:http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3b5zy
    Last edited by themaster1; 18th Jun 2011 at 20:49.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    isn't neatvideo time limites for unregistred users ? would have to do 30 min chunks i think ?

i'll get back to you later

what plugins to i load for this script to work ?

only FFT3DFilter.dll ?? of maybe something a little bit faster ??
    Last edited by smartel; 18th Jun 2011 at 21:13.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Perhaps i never tried on such lenghty videos (5 min max), also according to my tests the video is processed but not as good as if you use it directly in vdub , again for home version, probably an intentional bug.

It's probably a good idea to first process it with fft3d filters only, save in avi huff (lossless) and then finish in vudb with neat
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good i'll make a script and feed it to virtualdub , but that will append only tomorrow night ,
    for now i've got to go
    thx a lot for your help cheers !

script error line 6 collumn 53 ?? expected a,or)

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI_2008_x86\tools\avisynth_plugin\FFT3DFi lter.dll")
    Avisource("F:\100 limites\Nouveau dossier\NATM.1989..avi", fourCC="HFYU", pixel_type="YUY2")
    Assumetff()
    separatefields()
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=8.5,sigma4 =4.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=3, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0)
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=6.5,sigma4 =6.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=3, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0)
    weave()

i'll look into that more demain , à bientôt
    Last edited by smartel; 18th Jun 2011 at 21:26.
    Quote Quote  
  16. There's a space between the m and the a in the fourth "sigma" in both fft3dgpu lines.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Yeah there are a few spaces that shouldn't be there:
    FFT3DFi lter.dll should be FFT3DFilter.dll
    mod e=1 should be mode=1
    etc...

It wasn't like that when i pasted the script, strange
    Last edited by themaster1; 19th Jun 2011 at 09:25.
    Quote Quote  
  18. The forum software has problems with adding extra spaces here and there.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    errornly pixel shader 2.0 or higher supported
    i have an aiw ve (radeon 7500)
    this is for the fft3dgpu fonction
    Quote Quote  
  20. well if you don't have a good graphic card you can always use fft3dfilter instead of the gpu version the equivalent would be:

for the 1st (gpu version):
    fft3dfilter(sigma=9.0,sigma2=5.0,sigma3=8.5,sigma4 =4.0, bt=4, bw=8, bh=8, ow=4, oh=4,plane=0, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0)

2nd (gpu version):
    fft3dfilter(sigma=3.0,sigma2=2.0,sigma3=5.5,sigma4 =6.0, bt=4, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8,plane=0, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well neatvideo may be good but i'll have a big logo i'll have to mask it or crop it that's an another issue ..
    Last edited by smartel; 19th Jun 2011 at 13:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smartel View Post
    well neatvideo may be good but i'll have a big logo i'll have to mask it or crop it that's an another issue ..
    Do you mean NeatVideo adds a logo to your video?

If so, try buying it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The trial version of NeatVideo does leave their logo on your filtered video. You can try any number of other spatio-temporal denoisers, and many work to varying degrees. I've used it for some very tough problems that gave results I couldn't get any other way. But the product has a learning curve, the full version isn't free; most people set its filters far too high and end up criticizing the product because they haven't learned to use it properly. NeatVideo is used by pros and hobbyists alike, makes versions for Adobe, Vegas, and other bigtime software.

It depends on the problem you're addressing and whether or not you want to put time into something that many users wouldn't want to be without. I bought 3 copies for 3 computers and I'm glad I'm did. As suggested, fft3d also has its points, but it's not a push-button solution either. All of the better denoisers require some learning and fiddling.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:41.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well took me some time i got a Pentium 4 (before dual cores era....) you can use it avisynth but i think you need the pro version, but you can try, i know on mine i got a warning first but it's processing the video anyway (home version)
    The home version works with AviSynth. If you get any errors, their manual and their forum have many tips on using it a number of ways. I used the suggestions in the user guide. Worked for me.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:41.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    would be fun if you shared your scripts ..

in fact source2 is the very end of output.m2v i just edited it so i could post it here

Yep, no problem .

I realize source2's and output.m2v's relationship, but if you look at your output.m2v, the undulating noise is not as noticable where the clips overlap. It's more noticable at the beginning, where there is no overlap - so it's hard so draw conclusions. Was there a different pattern going on?

Actually I can replicate the undulating pattern if I remove the removedirtmc section of the script below, I thought was the edge of the chroma noise bars, but it's probably an underlying luminance frequency issue

Because it moves field to field when you group even/odd fields, you can catch it with removedirtmc if you apply strong enough settings. If it didn't move that fast, you wouldn't be able to detect it with that filter

Another approach might be to use FanFilter
    http://avisynth.org/vcmohan/FanFilter/FanFilter.html

Code:
    AviSource()
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
    Checkmate()
    Chubbyrain2()
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=6, bt=3, plane=3, interlaced=true)
    SmoothLevels(0,1,255,15,245,chroma=200)
    SmoothTweak(saturation=0.85)

AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    f1=SelectEven().RemoveDirtMC(50,false).TTempSmooth(maxr=4, lthresh=24, cthresh=4, strength=4).LSFMod(strength=50)
    f2=SelectOdd().RemoveDirtMC(50,false).TTempSmooth(maxr=4, lthresh=24, cthresh=4, strength=4).LSFMod(strength=50)
    Interleave(f1,f2) 
    Weave()

Spline36Resize(720,480)

Finally I used your script , managed to make it work
    I made one big huffy avi file with virtualdub
    a little more than 24h for a 46 min clip
    I will convert it to dvd with avstodvd(HCenc) later on

the encoding isn't over yet , i can't wait to see it
    i can't see the output filtered with VD while processing ...

Do you think this script would be usefull with most VHS capture ??
    or is it just for heavy noise and chroma (rainbow) noise ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok here is my results

i included a sample with lots of whites

looks like it's very close to posterisation (or plastification)

i've included the script i think it's a very good script for 2nd or even 3rd generation VHS

QUESTION

the files looks better on TV with a dvd player ..

what would be a good media player for previewing captured material intended for TV viewing

I once read about mediapleyer classic home cinema and powerdvd being closer (or truer) for TV emulation

are they settings inside MPC-HC or maybe even ffdshow
    so they won't change or enhance viewing and stay true to the file ?
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by smartel; 24th Jun 2011 at 15:15.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    here it is

Attached Files
    I'm getting errors after trying to save some of these AVI's (VirtualDub says indexing problem). Maybe it's just my system (XP Pro) but I never saw these errors before. Not a major prob, I just go to the next post and follow along.

Source2 above is 712x480 (?)

Never mind. I'll just keep following.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:43.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    with virtualdub ,doesn't exactly catch the same resolution when asked i don't know why
    (set 720X480 or 704X480 for capture i don't remember

with 712 i crop 8 to 704 ( vhs capture sides aren't really well defined, always some kind of garbage)

and my virtualdub saving went fine on my side
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    [suggestion] If you're capturing with VirtualDub, aren't you playing this on a VCR? What frame size does your VCR output when playing? If it's 640x480 (4:3 standard definition), capture in VirtualDub to AVI 640x480. Later your encoder should generate the correct DVD frame (for 4:3, I'd use 704x480 for DVD).
    Quote Quote  
  30. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps i never tried on such lenghty videos (5 min max), also according to my tests the video is processed but not as good as if you use it directly in vdub , again for home version, probably an intentional bug.

It's probably a good idea to first process it with fft3d filters only, save in avi huff (lossless) and then finish in vudb with neat
    True, NV works better that way. But you can also do this (I do it all the time):
    - Add ConvertToRGB32 to the end of your avs script
    - Open VirtualDub and load NeatVideo with the settings you want.
    - Run your AviSYnth Script with NeatVideo still loaded in VirtualDub filters.
    I leave VDub's output in RGB for further work, but you can recompress Vdub output to YUV if you want.

I think the problem with running NeatVideo inside AViSYnth is due to color conversion. NeatVideo wants RGB, but internally it uses its own YCbCr colorspace. Maybe it's all that conversion (?). Ya got me. I just never liked running Vdu8b filters in AviSynth.
    Quote Quote