VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I work at walmart, and aquired a video monitor from a display that was going to be thrown away. This Screen appears to be an HD screen. When it's turned on it shows a white screen then loads up the video advertising a product. I have noticed that my usb flash drive flashes when I first turn the screen on though.

It has :
    1.) a usb port
    2.) an SD card slot
    3.) and a port that a ps3 controller cord will plug to (for some reason).

my question is if it is possible to use the usb slot OR SD slot to read videos and play on it? A side note, I have already tried putting MP3 and MP4 files on both and inserting them and powering it up. So I guess I need to figure out how to disable the default video from starting up, or to load from the cards instead of from internal memory.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 25th Jul 2013 at 16:49. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is there anything on the monitor that mentions the manufacturer, and possibly the model number?

As I recall, PS3 controllers simply use a USB cable to connect (mini-USB to regular USB cable). So, the PS3 connection you mentioned is a standard (mini?) USB port?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. that connection is the port that connects into the controller, the other end is usb though, correct. but it also has a standard usb port as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The connection port in the back of the PS3 controller is a Mini USB port.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-USB#Mini_and_Micro_connectors
    Quote Quote  
  5. yea, its a mini port. do you know how I can disable the device from auto reading its internal memory with the advertisment and instead load from a flash drive or SD card?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Without knowing who might have manufactured the monitor, or what model number it might be, I can only make wild guesses.

Are there any buttons? Trying to get the monitor to play from external USB aside, try holding down one or more buttons for 3-5 seconds, and see if any combination pops up a setup menu.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an odd answer for an odd request.

Would ANY manufacturer go to the trouble of burning a video/advertisement into hardware. Afterall an advertisement could have a limited lifespan so what would happen after that ?

Are you certain you have a monitor and not a tv with a carefully hidden built-in dvd-player which automatically starts when the tv is switched on.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am not certain if it is a tv. I'll see about getting some images submitted on image shack so you guys can help me clarify what I do have. I do know this device was far too valuable to just throw away, so I was permitted to keep it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. But do not fool yourself.

If this really was too valuable to just throw away, your employer could have found a dealer and sold it.

Take a closer look at the sides of the unit.
    Quote Quote  
  10. 1.) This is a top do view of the back pannel.

2.) This shows the ports (left to right is usb mini port, standard usb port, SD card slot, volume control, on of switch, and an adapter plug).

3.) This is a close up of the motherboard.

4.) And this is the front of the screen when powered on and the video begins to play.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	19003  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	19004  

Name:	Picture 005.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	19005  

Name:	Picture 006.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	19006  

Quote Quote  
  11. There is a white sticker with this on it : ATMP101-V60. 2 made in china 2013-04-29

so it is really new.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I put in an SD card and a flash drive when I started it up, and it stays on the white screen until I eject one or the other. once I do this screen pops up asking where to load from. the SD card, internal memory, or device 0 (my flash drive) I cannot locate any buttons on the device, so I have no idea how to select which to boot from.

Name:	Picture.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	19007  

Quote Quote  
  13. also, can anyone tell me how many volts this device needs, seeing the batteries setup this way? It's 16 D's

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	19008  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The device looks similar to this:

http://acemi.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008821994319/pdtl/LCD-advertising/1049...dvertising.htm

But I haven't managed to find any other information on the web as of yet ...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Appears to be a specialty media player. The hk site hasn't been updated for several years and doesn't have any info on that model.

http://acemi.manufacturer.globalsources.com

http://www.acemi.com.hk
    Quote Quote  
  16. thanks, Rickydavao. This is similar, while not the same, it gives me a slightly better understanding of what I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    looks like 12 volts worth of batteries.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  19. I would agree with you aedipuss, however, it's 16 D's not 8, so I was thinking it was 24 v, but I do know how you string them together affects voltage too. I just want to make sure I know what I'm plugging in for the adapter so I dont fry the board. If I can hook this up right and have it load from an Ipod via usb, then I could have a bigger screen and maybe hook it up in my car so people in the back seat would have video and music idk, there's a lot of things I could do with this.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I figured out how to work the device. it auto-loads from the flash drive first. However, the video files MUST be named "00" then "01" , "02" etc. also, the voltage is 12 volts, so I can now use an adapter instead of 16 D batteries. (what on earth am I going to do with those D batteries now? thats like 30 bucks worth of batteries. lol. internal memory is fully rewritable, so i just deleted the ad video. thanks for the help guys. : D

time to hook these sweet screen up in my car maybe. haven't decided yet.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I can aquired about 2 of these per week, so If I rewired them, I could possibly sell them? or would that be against some law? because they just chunk these into the garbage crusher every time the merchandise sells down. the batteries alone would be worth saving it. not sure how much I could get for little HD monitors like that though. I'm sure eBay will help me find an answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got it figured out ... good job!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JustWannaKnow View Post
    I put in an SD card and a flash drive when I started it up, and it stays on the white screen until I eject one or the other. once I do this screen pops up asking where to load from. the SD card, internal memory, or device 0 (my flash drive) I cannot locate any buttons on the device, so I have no idea how to select which to boot from.
    Maybe you simply touch the icon on the screen.

BTW If you wonder what to do with the batts, just sell them on with the unit and double its value
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    [Attachment 26961 - Click to enlarge]
    Mine has an IR sensor on the back, I am trying to use the search option on a universal remote. It came in a NERF display.
    Last edited by C64C64; 18th Aug 2014 at 23:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    IIWY, I wouldn't have deleted the original ad (media clip) until first using MediaInfo to analyze the file so you know exactly how to encode/contain your replacement clips.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  26. What a great find! These could be repackaged as family photo frames.
    Maybe get a carpenter to build a retro TV cabinet. Uses are endless.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 19th Aug 2014 at 07:09.
    Quote Quote