VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have an annoying probem. I have a standalone Sharp dvd/vcr recorder, but I have been using a separate vcr to record from to the dvd, as dubbing won't allow pauses. The setting is Av2 on dvd recorder to record from the separate vcr. I found an old film I loved to put onto dvd, but now the vcr has sound dropouts and I don't have a head cleaner. No tape now sounds any good in it. So I wondered if I could record from my tv/vcr combi instead, which plays the tape fine. But do I have to change the scarts around? If I try to record from a tape in it at present, the dvd recorder just records the tv channel hiding underneath. And I don't know how to set up a 'video channel' on it. I'm confused.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It will only work if the TV (or more specifically VCR portion) has audio/video outputs. Most of the combination units don't provide outputs.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks. there are audio/video sockets at the front, along with the headphone socket, are these outputs? if so, i have a lead with a scart socket at one end and audio/video pins on other end. i have tried to work out where to put the scart head but...if it records at all it will just record tv prog. would it make any difference if i disconnected aerial leads??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would help to reference the manual. Front panel connections are typically inputs (aside from the headphone jack obviously). Even the connectors on the back should be marked/labeled on the unit itself.

Whichever unit is recording "TV", that is because you have a TV channel selected. Most VCR's cycle through the channels and various other inputs in sequence. For example, channel 3, channel 2, channel 1, input 1, channel 99, etc. Some also have a separate button to enable the external input. It varies by brand/model.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote