VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a file (see attachment), which is mkv(RealVideo 4) and my goal is to filter the file with Avisynth, decode the Avisynth script with mencoder and reencode it using x264.

The Avisynth script is use is:
    Code:
    SetMemoryMax(768)
    SetMTMode(3,0) # change MT mode
    LoadCPlugin("G:\Hybrid\avisynthPlugins\ffms2.dll")
    # loading source
    FFVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\REALVI~1.MKV",cachefile="H:\Output\RealVideoTest.ffindex",fpsnum=30000,fpsden=1001)
    # infos
    #Subtitle("Input resolution:"+String(Width)+"x"+String(Height)+"\nPixel type:"+String(PixelType),align=9,lsp=0)
    return last
    Preview works fine with mplayer and VirtualDub.
    Reencoding with VirtualDub or directly with mencoder works fine too.

So far so good now comes the strange part I don't understand.

When using:
    Code:
    mencoder -really-quiet -of rawvideo -o - -ovc raw -vf scale,format=i420 -forcedsubsonly -nosub -nosound -mc 0 "H:\Output\RealVideoTest.avs" | x264 --preset ultrafast --tune fastdecode --crf 18 --non-deterministic --fps 30000/1001
    --input-res 720x540 --output "H:\Output\RealVideo 4 sample.264" -
    the .264 output is broken (seems like some color space or decoding problem; see attached broken.7z)

The strange thing is, that using files which does not contain RealVideo4 the output is fine.

Can someone explain what is going wrong? Did I make a (stupid) mistake? Is something broken? If it's a software bug which software is the problem?

I already tested switching mencoder, x264,FFVideoSource, but nothing did help.

Same problem occurs when I use avs2yuv instead of mencoder:
    Code:
    avs2yuv.exe -raw h:\Output\RealVideoTest.avs -o - | x264 --preset ultrafast --tune fastdecode --crf 18 --non-deterministic --fps 30000/1001 --input-res 720x540 --output "H:\Output\RealVideo 4 sample.264" -
    Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 18th Feb 2014 at 05:50.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Okay, adding "BicubicResize(720,540)" directly after the input source seems to fix the problem
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did I make a (stupid) mistake?
    I knew it... I knew it...
    Did you dare compare original source rmvb and h264 encode?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Playback is at 720x540, there is probably some bug in FFVideoSource which reports the resolution wrong to Avisynth.

Correction, but is with libav, because the height in the sample should be 480 during decoding, but MPC-HC&Co all output 540 and stretch the image.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dependency on bil-av also reflects all the bugs of bil-av too!, And these small small bugs becomes amplified-monsters when carry forwarded.

It was a last Christmas, when I visited one of my buddy's place and he asked me to fix player playing some videos up-side down, I simply replied that he needed a carpenter who can mount his chair up-side down from the ceiling to watch properly.

Even if you l@@k closely to my above suggested solution, it is buggy too bcoz I forget seat-belt, and sponge cushioned floor. Since last half-hour I am trying to cut an apple, just figured out that I am using the wrong side of knife. Can not expect much when likings become standards.

As the matter is so deep, you need some fresh air... some fresh start...
    Did you jog (run behind) today? I am going with my sweet-n-sour. Join me.
    Last edited by enim; 18th Feb 2014 at 07:21.
    Quote Quote  
  6. somone HELP HYBRID mp4box Stoped Working Before phinised encoding And Mux with mp4box but mp4box n0t respon HELP
    Quote Quote  
  7. Read Important info needed to fix&reproduce bugs and provide some infos which might allow to reproduce the problem. (Can't fix stuff I can't reproduce. )

also best post in the Hybrid support thread
    -> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345169-Hybrid(Windows-Linux-Mac)-Input-x264-x265-Xvid-VP8-VP9
    or, since you already registered, in the official Hybrid forum
    (that way I get an email notification)

---
    btw. fixed the RealVideo resize stuff by making sure the content if resized to the resolution indicated by MediaInfo.
    Problem in general is, that it looks like the RealVideo stream were not flagged properly.
    Last edited by Selur; 19th Feb 2014 at 00:31.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by enim View Post
    It was a last Christmas, when I visited one of my buddy's place and he asked me to fix player playing some videos up-side down, I simply replied that he needed a carpenter who can mount his chair up-side down from the ceiling to watch properly.

Would have been easier just to turn the player upside down.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Megui and kirara to can't open in my pc
    Quote Quote  
  10. @kuppo-plutes: it is rude to spam other peoples threads with to the thread unrelated stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @kuppo-plutes

Selamat,

Silakan anda dengan pertanyaan di masalah adalah hibrida
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345169-Hybrid(Windows-Linux-Mac)-Input-x264-x265-Xvid-VP8-VP9
    -OR-
    http://forum.selur.de/

Selur penulis yang pasti akan mengambil peduli.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @Selur

Never mind this one here.
    Once you are up for help and it is Hybrid.
    You should be proud of Hybrid that Hybrid ran longer than you, way far from Germany.
    Help him & lead him in right direction.
    Last edited by enim; 19th Feb 2014 at 02:38.
    Quote Quote  
  13. @johns0
    Would have been easier just to turn the player upside down.
    i think, you really think even while you laugh.
    Quote Quote