VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for the best method to preserve only the forced subtitles from a .sup file from a bluray. Once I demux the streams, I'd like to be able to modify the english .sup file so only the forced lines are kept, then save it as a new .sup file so I can use ripbot264 to re-encode the (.m2ts) movie file with these subtitles hard-coded. Does BDsup2sub do this? If so, please explain, because I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you.
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know about Bluray, but you can open a DVD .sup file in DVDSubEdit.
    File > Open SUP
    Now it asks for an IFO file - you can browse to any IFO file that has been ripped or on a DVD disk.
    Select 'Only show forced subpics' on the top right.
    File > Save selected subpics, to save the forced subs as a new .sup file..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by cjbrown80 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for the best method to preserve only the forced subtitles from a .sup file from a bluray. Once I demux the streams, I'd like to be able to modify the english .sup file so only the forced lines are kept, then save it as a new .sup file so I can use ripbot264 to re-encode the (.m2ts) movie file with these subtitles hard-coded. Does BDsup2sub do this? If so, please explain, because I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you.
    BDSup2Sub File => Save/Export then in the dialog check the box to only export forced subs.

edit: In BluRay sometimes a .sup will have subs marked as forced. Sometimes the forced subs will be in a separate stream. In the latter case you compare the .sup files and the smaller file will have the forced subs not marked as forced. You can't tell what's what until you extract the subs streams for the language of interest.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's what I was looking for. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks!
    Help!
    Quote Quote