VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am burning avi files to dvd. DVDflick, dvdSanta software will burn dvds that play on all dvd players. AShampoo 10, express burn, and burn4 free software burn dvds that will play on only high end dvd players (mainly those that play bllu ray dvds) and sometimes not all blu ray players. The first software that I mentioned that burn for all players are really slow and that is why I would like Ashampoo 10 to burn for all players. Is there a solution? thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does ashampoo reconvert to a standard dvd-video(video_ts folder with vob files) or does it just burn the avi files on the dvdr? Browse the dvdr with windows explorer.

DVD Flick and dvdsanta are reconverting to a standard dvd-video and it takes some time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Does ashampoo reconvert to a standard dvd-video(video_ts folder with vob files) or does it just burn the avi files on the dvdr? Browse the dvdr with windows explorer.

DVD Flick and dvdsanta are reconverting to a standard dvd-video and it takes some time.
    I am really inexperienced. How do I browse the dvdr with windows explorer? thank you
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sharrrri View Post
    I am really inexperienced. How do I browse the dvdr with windows explorer? thank you
    Everybody has to start somewhere, but you are unable to do a simple internet search on "how to use windows explorer" because...???

http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1035.htm

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I'm done here. I've seen this kind of poster too many times to go down this path again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by sharrrri View Post
    Everybody has to start somewhere, but you are unable to do a simple internet search on "how to use windows explorer" because...???

http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1035.htm

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I'm done here. I've seen this kind of poster too many times to go down this path again.
    Yes, please close this thread. I know how aggravating it is to help some people. I will find my answer elsewhere. Thank you for reading regardless.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or just ignore jman98 and let others help you....

What kind of files do you see on DVDR? Any VIDEO_TS folder?

But I would guess that you must keep use dvd flick or dvd santa if you want real dvds that works on most dvd players. You could also try other dvd converters like convertxtodvd or avstodvd and see if they are faster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Or just ignore jman98 and let others help you....

What kind of files do you see on DVDR? Any VIDEO_TS folder?

But I would guess that you must keep use dvd flick or dvd santa if you want real dvds that works on most dvd players. You could also try other dvd converters like convertxtodvd or avstodvd and see if they are faster.
    I will try the other dvd converters you suggested. thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, I wanted to especially thank you for your help. I downloaded convertxtodvd and am very happy with the results......thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD is just the app I was going to propose, if only Baldrick hadn't been faster I normally use this tool for conversion to DVD, it hasn't let me down so far. For burning I use cdrtfe. It's small, fast, free a has a number of functions I wouldn't want to miss.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote