VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've recorded off air shorts, demuxed them with Pgcdemux, added a subtitle with SubtitleCreator, and then remuxed them with Muxman. The created folder has BUP, IFO and VOB files. I then use the Build mode in ImgBurn to burn the folder to disc, and the result is a dvd that is playable everywhere. That works perfectly. Now I'd like to add two small refinements.

1) Although I add a title to the Volume Set, ISO9660 and UDF in ImgBurn, when I play these discs on my salon player, there is no title listed on the discs. They just autoplay. Is there any way to add a simple title or menu so the dvds do NOT autoplay? I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just adding the name of the short would be fine.

2) Each of these folders when burned to disc creates a playable dvd. Now how would I add more than one of these folders to a single disk, burn this to disc and have that recognized as a dvd? Do I need to re-author it, and if so, with what? I'm not sure what kind of tool I need. Can IfoEdit edit do this? Would this affect the quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. ...Do I need to re-author
    Yes. You may try my Gui for dvdauthor (which can also use MuxMan as authoring engine). Then you can add your demuxed material (video, audio and subtitles) from as many titles you like (or fit on the dvd). You will also get a simple menu (or even a fancy menu if necessary).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Borax. Thanks for the kind reply. So do i understand correctly, after I've demuxed the elements, I use GUI for dvdauthor to multiplex with it and muxman (rather than Muxman alone) and I can add the elements from multiple folders (including a subtitle SUP file from each folder) ? Then I could add a simple menu that points to the different titles? That would be great.

Does Gui for dvdauthor make any system changes? In case I desire/need to uninstall it, will it remove cleanly without breaking anything else?

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes exactly. The simple menu is usually derived from the video file name (of cause you may edit this text), but you can also use graphics.
    Have a look to the 'Getting started guide': http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/GettingStarted.html
    If you use sup subtitles, make sure to use the appropriate palette (either from an ifo file or a special palette file).
    If you add the elements from multiple folders, you should activate 'Use titlesets' (it is default), as only with separate titlesets the properties of the videos (and their audio + subtitle streams) may be different.
    ...Does Gui for dvdauthor make any system changes?
    On a windows xp system, just the settings are saved in the registry. If you uninstall it, these settings are deleted again. Only exception: On multi user systems the settings are saved for each user individually. As the uninstaller will only delete the settings from the 'installation user' (usually an administrator account), the saved settings from other users remain in the registry and if you like to really clean up, you need to delete them 'by hand' with regedit (Key: HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\DVDAuthorGUI).
    On a Windows 2000 system maybe some parts of the visual basic runtime (which are already included in XP) may also remain. For Vista or Windows 7, I just don't know it...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That sounds great Borax. A few small questions:

Do these html help file pages perhaps exist as a pdf? I'm often traveling, and therefore without online access.

Since I have muxman 0.16.6 installed (and am running XP Pro SP3), do I just need the GUIforDvdauthor EXE install (2.9MB). Does it require an install (under Admin account) or does it run when unpacked?

I'm running XP Pro SP3, so if it is only the user settings that remain after the uninstall, I can check that registry key. I assume the user files are maintained in C:\Documents and Settings\"EACH USER NAME"\Application Data
    I've just had burning apps make other registry changes that makes me cautious in installing video applications.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC, DVDStyler will let you install menu(s) w/o having to first de-mux..I do love GUIforDvdauthor as well as DVDAuthorGUI, however!.. 8)
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  7. ... DVDStyler will let you install menu(s) w/o having to first de-mux
    Yes, it is possible with GfD too. But not with MuxMan as authoring engine as MuxMan only accepts elementary streams. And DVDs created with MuxMan are a little bit more compliant.

...do I just need the GUIforDvdauthor EXE install (2.9MB).
    Yes.
    ...Do these html help file pages perhaps exist as a pdf?
    No, but they are included in the installation (also in the 'exe only' zip file).
    ...does it run when unpacked?
    It should
    You will need to set the path informations yourself:
    http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/DefaultPermSettings.html
    otherwise the buttons 'create DVD' will stay grayed out.
    ...the user files can be put anywhere the user desires the default is
    C:\Documents and Settings\"EACH USER NAME"\My Documents\GFDOutDir
    Quote Quote