VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would anyone know why i get static in the sound recording every now and then? Ive tested different recording and the static does not always come at the same time. I have 2 new vc500 cards and they both have the same problems. I have reinstalled the plugina aswell as my sound card plugins. I am working on a fresh install of windows 7 sp1. I have tried both EZ grabber and showbiz software with the same problems. it record fine beside of the sounds statics.
    Does anyone has a clue?
    jp
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am having the same problem only with an imac OS X 10.6. has anyone found a solution? I'v been looking everywhere and the company suport is pretty non-existent. Any help would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  3. VHS tracking problems?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I too say it's the tracking on your VCR. I had this problem a while ago with one particular VCR. You track it for video, the audio sucks. You track it for audio, the video sucks. (This was one of the many problems I had with this VHS capture project over the years.)

If this is your case, just capture it twice, once for optimal video settings, the other for optimal audio settings, or use a second VCR if necessary to get the best of both - then edit/mux the resulting streams on your PC.

Honestly, looking for the optimal tracking for both audio and video will likely lead to major frustration - I gave up on it. There are methods available in software-land to clean the audio, but it will be better if you can correct it in the analog stage. If a second capture is all it takes, do so and be done with it.

I hate VHS. I always did.
    Last edited by PuzZLeR; 18th May 2014 at 08:50.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No not tracking. I have the same problem when using 'other' video sources. I've found other forums were this problem has been addressed but no solution. I find it happens on longer recordings or if I do a lot of short ones. If I let it rest for a bit or re-boot the software (sometimes the computer) it improves for about an hour. I have a lot of stuff to record and this is not going to get the job done!

Originally Posted by PuzZLeR View Post
    I too say it's the tracking on your VCR. I had this problem a while ago with one particular VCR. You track it for video, the audio sucks. You track it for audio, the video sucks. (This was one of the many problems I had with this VHS capture project over the years.)

If this is your case, just capture it twice, once for optimal video settings, the other for optimal audio settings, or use a second VCR if necessary to get the best of both - then edit/mux the resulting streams on your PC.

Honestly, looking for the optimal tracking for both audio and video will likely lead to major frustration - I gave up on it. There are methods available in software-land to clean the audio, but it will be better if you can correct it in the analog stage. If a second capture is all it takes, do so and be done with it.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A bad wire in the VC500's audio cables or a bad wire in the RCA cable from your source?
    Quote Quote