VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just purchased a Samsung BD-P3600 BluRay player (in Australia), and despite what it says on their website and in their catalogue, this player does not play DVD+R/RW. To the best of my knowledge all their other players do and in the US even the 3600 seems to be able to play DVD+R. Any insights why it is different for the Australian models and what can be done about it?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not all DVD+R are made equal. Is it a Verbatim (MCC), Sony (Daxon/Taiwan) or Taiyo Yuden DVD+R that you're testing with? It might just be crappy media.

Inversely, try with and without DVD-ROM bitset/booktyping.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media compatibility is an issue for ALL players. Sony players, for example, are notorious for media compatility issues. Aside from any specific references in the user manual (if any), your only option is to test various brands/types of media until you find out what will work. As lordsmurf pointed out, a quality media would be the best bet, but others will likely work also.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the samsung bd-p3600 with the 2.02 canadian firmware.

Before upgrading to 2.04 I'd like to have a copy of the 2.02 xac firmware.

So does anyone here
    have the 2.02 xac file ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. The Samsung BD-P3600 does not play DVD+R media, this is stated in the owner's manual. Please see my post about this unit https://forum.videohelp.com/topic371897.html also there is a link in my post for pdf manual.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by a1677c
    The Samsung BD-P3600 does not play DVD+R media, this is stated in the owner's manual. Please see my post about this unit https://forum.videohelp.com/topic371897.html also there is a link in my post for pdf manual.
    Well I have the bd-p3600 (Canadian 2.02 FW) and I play all those type of DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-DL...

Are you Australian ? Cause like the first post of this thread there samsung 3600 seem not to be able
    of reading those DVD...

Quote Quote