VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a need to produce a DVD for a school project, where the large projector cannot be moved/refocused and the screen is a large floor-to-ceiling screen.

In order to not to block the teacher/principal while speaking, I need to author a DVD whereby the video only occupies 1/4 or 1/6 of the whole "regular" screen real estate.

Is there a simple program whereby I could do such authoring (preferably having the ability to choose the size and location of the "windowed" video, and the rest of the "unused" area to be black?

Any recommendation and experience would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Avisynth's 'Resize' + 'AddBorders' can do the trick.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Midzuki. I tested a sample with this program and it worked. Two questions:

(1) it seems that the "ReduceBy" command only works for "2". I tried other numbers (like 3 or 4 for example) in hope of getting a different scale and it did not work.

(2) does this Avisynth program only work with *.avi files? I could not get it to work with any *.mpg files.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can load mpg files by either

1. Using DGIndex to create a .d2v file then loading this via avisynth (see the notes ate Neuron2.net for details), or

2. Installing FFDShow, setting it to decode mpg files, then using DirectShowSource in avisynth. If you choose the latter, make sure you are running Avisynth 2.5.8, and not 2.5.7.

Option 1 is the preferred option, but option 2 will work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote