VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I took an video with my camera of a class. For the first 40 seconds the video is ok but after that the audio kicks out. When the audio kicks the video seems to slow motion a little bit then going back to normal but without the audio. The audio wont play in the Camera, or on any video players VLC, windows media player ect.

I was wondering if there is any way to salvage the video, I need it for a job interview and am not sure if I have time to shoot another one?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sharing a copy of the video your asking about to look at and examine would help greatly in giving you an accurate answer or idea's.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try opening the audio in Audacity (with the ffmpeg source plugin). If you get it all you can save it and remux with the video from the original file with VirtualDub or some other muxer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you look at the AVI file with a AVI RIFF chuck viewer (VirtualDub has one with it's hex editor) you can see that there are no more audio chunks after ~42 seconds. Ie, there is only 42 seconds of audio in the file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chunks.png
Views:	131
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	32332

At the top 1/3 of the image you can see audio chunks (stream 1) interspersed with video chunks (stream 0). But after that there are only video chunks. It continues with only video chunks through the rest of the file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nice, thanks for the help, i will try and reshoot it.
    Quote Quote