VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have a TV program that runs 4 hours long. I will use two DVD discs and record the program. Each disc is set at SP mode 2 hours. IS there a way I can place the program onto one disc?

My plan is, if some how I can do this I will then use DVD rebuilder Pro and do a 4 pass encode.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you can. 4 hours on one disc will not be the best picture, but Rebuilder is a good compression software, not a miracle one.
    You just have to see if you will like the result.
    It does not matter how many passes you will do, bitrate will be very low in any case and that is what make a quality picture.
    Low bitrate=low quality
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In my house, we would use 2 disks, 4 hours on 1 disk is too much.

Are you going to view this on a big screen TV ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It will be a tube tv 32 inches. I was gonna try to use comskip and get rid of the commercials. It will be the first time I use comskip.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah 4hrs is pushing it for SL,a DL or two discs would be better.
    2,000kbps might be ok for a sitcom but if it's a fast motion drama then forget it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would use two disc too....they are cheap.
    And I would just edit out the commercials in something like TDA .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well most network hour long TV shows are actually only about 41 to 44 minutes long sans commercials. If your show uses similar times the actual content might be less than 3 hours. Assuming a low action sort of program and a 32" set you might be able to accomplish what you want. Strip out your commercials and any credits and see what your final running time is.
    Quote Quote