VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a MacBook Air from 2008 and I would like to connect it up to my 2011 iMac so that it displays the contents of my MBA on the iMac's screen.

It looks like I have the "Apple Micro-DVI to DVI Adapter" (part: MB203G) which came with my MacBook Air and so I would need a Micro-DVI to Thunderbolt converter like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-METRE-MI...-DVI-CABLE-CON VERTOR-FOR-MAC-PC-Mini-DP-/331028854802

Do you think that it would work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had since found out that my early 2008 13" MacBook Air offered the unique connection of micro-DVI, which came with a converter to DVI. I then found a DVI to DisplayPort adapter which would fit the Thunderbolt port on my late 2011 27" iMac and while everything fit, it did not work.

I think it's because anything later than 2009 for iMac's (specifically of a 27" variety) would not support anything by DisplayPort input, so I was out of luck. It was a tumultuous time for video connections, easy now of course as it's been settled with Thunderbolt, but those years saw several changes and ultimately a trail of incompatibilities.

Still, there was a generation difference between the two and in the computing world that makes a big difference.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!