VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM

Did anyone test this libde265 decoder?

Libde265 has been integrated into these applications:

gstreamer plugin, source, binary packages.
    Windows DirectShow filters, https://github.com/strukturag/LAVFilters/releases
    ffmpeg fork, https://github.com/farindk/ffmpeg

Features:
    Implemented decoding of P-slices.
    Implemented decoding of B-slices.
    WPP based multithreading
    Parallel tiles decoding
    Weighted prediction support
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello everyone
    remark to "libde265-filters-0.1.2.exe" be a phantom / lack reset frame - in the interval 0:22-0:24(MPC,WMP)
    ffmpeg and DivXdec - normally plays
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Skarstorm View Post

Did anyone test this libde265 decoder?

Libde265 has been integrated into these applications:

gstreamer plugin, source, binary packages.
    Windows DirectShow filters, https://github.com/strukturag/LAVFilters/releases
    ffmpeg fork, https://github.com/farindk/ffmpeg

Features:
    Implemented decoding of P-slices.
    Implemented decoding of B-slices.
    WPP based multithreading
    Parallel tiles decoding
    Weighted prediction support
    Not sure what to do with most of the files I downloaded. I thought they were autobuilds but they do nothing. No clear instructions for what to do with them. The only thing I did install the libde265-filters which came with an installer.

I was able to open and play HEVC mkv and divx in WMP and MPC. Strange that MPC will play them but MPC-HC (or MPC-BE) won't. It's just as well I guess since MPC-HC has become so bloated.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    MPC-HC 1.7.3 plays this HEVC-in-MKV just fine with internal LAVFilters. So you say it can't use libde265 as DirectShow decoder? Maybe they compete with also installed LAVFilters (they seem to be a fork of these, with just an additional decoder). I doubt I would install them on any but a virtual test machine for now, as long as I am satisfied with LAVFilters...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe stupid question, but when I downloaded the LAVFilters and installed them trough the provide .exe file

I noticed that there are DLL files for IntelQuickSyncDecoder, I assume this is not a decoder that decodes HEVC ?

And did anyone got this to work?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    MPC-HC 1.7.3 plays this HEVC-in-MKV just fine with internal LAVFilters. So you say it can't use libde265 as DirectShow decoder? Maybe they compete with also installed LAVFilters (they seem to be a fork of these, with just an additional decoder). I doubt I would install them on any but a virtual test machine for now, as long as I am satisfied with LAVFilters...
    I was using 1.7.1. Updated to 1.7.3 (which has an internal HEVC decoder) and they still won't play. MPC-HC freezes every time I try to play an HEVC file and I have to kill the process. MPC plays all the HEVC.mkv files with no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Used by the player MPC-BE to play HEVC-10bit, and I notice the different images when using 'internal FFMPEG' and external 'LAV filter' through output MadVR (for better picture quality / settings for themselves > example)
    Who is false? (it seems that ffmpeg does not look exactly from the original)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    MPC + LAV (v0.61.2)
    When playing HEVC-10bit in MKV and MP4 container, then I get different pictures! (MP4 looks convincing...)
    LAV or MPC defective?
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Gravitator; 22nd May 2014 at 17:00.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Gravitator --- then please report the problem @ http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/issues/list .

(Yes, I could reproduce that issue in Graphstudio --- or at least I think so )

You know, nevcairiel is not a Videohelp habitué.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    And before you shoot your own foot: Only one player is able to use the Hardware Overlay (which has distinct luma/chroma settings), all other instances of video players need to use a desktop related renderer. So if you want to compare two videos running in parallel, ensure that no player is trying to use the Hardware Overlay renderer.
    Quote Quote