VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings,

After searching the forum for all things PVR-250 related , I still couldn't find an answer , so I'm hoping maybe someone here can offer a little advice.

Does anyone know if the card itself or the WinTV2000 software has more than one area for adjusting the color settings? For example , I have two sources connected via s-video , one using the card's on board connector & the other using the additional AV bracket found on the Hauppauge website.

Source 1 , is the cable converter , and the quality of capturing is amazing , thanks to a few tweaks found on this board as well as in the Hauppauge Tweaker.

Source 2 - also connected via s-video (bracket) , is the vcr for doing tape transfers. As mentioned on here time & time again , the colors are sometimes washed out , and whites are very bright. This happens though , no matter which source I'm connecting the VCR to. However , using a 2nd display video monitor I can see the colors are fine , so I know it isn't the VCR.

Swapping the VCR to either source does the same thing. If I adjust the colors to much , this alters the recording for Source1 , which as I mentioned is already perfect.

Any ideas on what I could try? Would switching the VCR output into the 250 from svid to composite make a difference?

I hope all this makes sense. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your VCR has s-video output?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Your VCR has s-video output?
    Yes. I'm using the Panasonic AG1980.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Your VCR has s-video output?
    If you're going to be a wiseass jagabo , just piss off! I don't need any help if it comes in the form of sarcasm.

I guess the 250 is just an old dinosaur that nobody uses anymore. Forget I asked.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I wasn't being a wiseass. Your thread got lost among all the other I participate in.

I was trying to figure out if my PVR-250 had a second s-video input port. When I flip through the inputs using WinTV2000 it shows two composite inputs but only one s-video input. I was going to test the second input but I guess I won't bother now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I try to avoid people that appear to be bipolar.
    Oct 26 is friendly asking for help. Oct 29 is rude. I don't get it.

Anyway, consider getting yourself a proc amp.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote