VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    When I download the mp4 version of this movie and try to play it locally on my Lenovo x61 laptop (Win XP 32 bit, onboard Intel graphics, all the latest drivers, etc), it has flickering horizontal pink and green stripes through the entire window. Online it's fine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwA97yWz9Uc

When I open it in Windows Media Player, the stripes are also visible, but just barely.

The downloaded flv version is also fine and so are the hundreds (thousands?) of other YouTube mp4 videos I've downloaded, including others from the "RSA Animate" series.

Furthermore, it plays fine on all my other machines, so it's definitely not the movie. It's my X61, but I can't figure out what the problem is!!!!

I use the latest version of Media Player Home Cinema and ffdshow on all six of my machines (3 with Win7, 3 with XP). The settings are all out of the box. I've tried other versions of MPHC, but it's the same story.

Actually, two of the XP machines are pretty similar: a Lenovo x60 and the x61. Ialways use the zip version of MPHC, and I completely got rid of the one on the x61 and replaced it with the one from the x60. I've also exported the MPHC registry settings from the X60 to the X61, but it still doesn't work.

This seems like a trivial, one-off problem, but I like computers and HATE it when something anomalous like this happens.

Does anyone have even a remote idea what the problem might be?

Thanks very much.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stripes.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	25810  

Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I downloaded the MP4 file and the frame size was 520x294. That mod2 frame height is likely your problem. Some h.264 decoders don't like mod2 frame sizes. Try using a different h.264 decoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I downloaded the MP4 file and the frame size was 520x294. That mod2 frame height is likely your problem. Some h.264 decoders don't like mod2 frame sizes. Try using a different h.264 decoder.
    Thanks. How can I do this in MPHC, please?
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  4. MPCHC -> View -> Options -> Internal Filters (left pane) -> H264/AVC (right pane).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    MPCHC -> View -> Options -> Internal Filters (left pane) -> H264/AVC (right pane).
    OK, thanks very much. My computer's at the university right now, but I'll try it as soon as I can.

Have a nice weekend.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!