VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am a newbie and not sure if this is the right forum. I Decrpt DVD with DVDDecrypter and then burn using DVDShrink/Nero.

Some times, I cannot rip the few VOB files due to media errors or scratches. In this case I have all VOB but the last VOB is incomplete. It has end of the movie but not last 10 seconds. I am fine with that. I can play the VOB using media player and watch. Offcourse I can not watch last 10 seconds which are nothing but texts at the end.

When I try to encode using DVDshrink it gives me error. Is there any way to reduce (reencode) and burn the movie with incomplete VOB? Please let me know. The entire Video_TS folder is more than 5 GB it must be reduced by encoding.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Be sure to try rip with dvdfab decrypter first. DVDDecrypter and dvdshrink hasn't been updated in years.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you have a 64 bit operating system and an NTFS HDD you can join all the VOBs together using something like VOBMerge and use DVD Flick to convert it to a DVD. If your system can't handle single files larger than 4 gb, however, then you can try converting each VOB to something smaller, say an AVI file, and join them together later. Once it's joined you can burn the AVI file back to disc using just the one file. See the Freemake Video Converter in the Tools section.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For the VOB's you already have, try IFOedit to generate IFO's from the VOB's. You should probably use FixVTS on the results. In the future, use DVDFabDecrypter to rip, like Baldrick said.
    Quote Quote