VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    Got an EasyCap USB capture device... (yes I know it's not good and that most of you don't like it) but my needs are minimal.
    So anyway.. the package comes with a light edition for Ulead'sstudio for basic editing and capturing.
    I love VDub, so i threw the ulead cd away and went ahead to cap withVDub, not giving it a second thought.
    What I found out is that I always lose audio sync with VDub.
    I mean the sync for the very first seconds is horrible enough, andjust gets worse with time.
    So I tried using a large bunch of configuration combinations,including googling here an there and not finding any real answers.
    All the answers come off as something like this: "Get a better capture device", "better HD", "better ... " etc...
    To be clear, My capture PC has Intel quad 9550, plenty of memory,fast WD (black series) HD... and in short - it's a solid computer for capping videos.
    See, my problem isn't the occasional dropped frame, it's just the totally unsynced audio.
    I tried capping without compressing audio, tried various video compressions - Huffyuv,Lagarith MJPEG.
    CPU is always hardly utilized while capping.
    Out of my wits, I decided to install ULEAD's product.
    Amazed was I, that it capped without problems. The audio comes out perfectly synced and does not skew over time.
    So the conclude... what's the magic of ULEAD's capping? And is there a lightweight and powerful program like VDub that does the job instead?
    Also I'll be happy to try if you have more configuration ideas to try with VDUB.
    I feel like its one checkbox away from being solved... just annoying.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. ULEAD is very weak software to capture. Power Director is excellent for this.

Your problem is config only in VIRTUALDUB. Try AMARECTV.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Claudio - thank you for your repsonse.

just tried AMARECTV, it's kinda weak, too many frame drops. Video comes out choppy. Evan VDub doesn't do that.
    Power-Director is not really lightweight like I was talking about.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My old PC is E6600+4 Gb ram and I recorded 720p/1080i without frame drop in VIRTUAL DUB or AMARECTV. No Raid.

Check your PC, because this have an problem.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try using the microphone jack or PC line-in for audio input, and configure virtualdub accordingly. That works better with some USB capture devices.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If Ulead works for you then use it. I swear by Ulead for Mpeg2 capture (hard hat is on)

I believe the 'magic' is down to the compressor software they use - mainconcept.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For MPEG2 capture.

Freeware: VH CAPTURE, KMPLAYER, HONESTECH DVR2

Paid: PD 8/9/10 or VIDEO STUDIO X5.

PD will get better quality.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Before making any changes, like cutting out unwanted sections:

Open your AVI in VirtualDub, under “File”, “File Properties”, check to see if the video and audio are the same length. If they are not the same length, then…

Under "Video" select "Frame Rate".

In "Source rate adjustment" select "Change so video and audio durations match, OK.

Under "Video" select "Direct stream copy".
    Quote Quote