VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

I have just bought the Samsung BD-H6500 Blu-ray player. Am in the UK - region 2.

Have tried switching it to multi-region, using well described hack for BD-F6500: "Open Tray, Press Repeat, Type in region 2 code 5 7 5 3 8", but nothing happens - I don't see the number appear on top left or right on screen for me to press "9"

Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Probably nobody can help you. Samsung and Sony players everywhere are the most difficult players in the world to unlock. In your case, either Samsung changed the hardware and/or firmware and doing so broke the hack you found, in which case you'll have to hope someone comes up with a new hack (odds of this happening are probably less than 1%) or the hack only worked on models in other parts of the world, such as Australia, due to hardware differences. In the future if you want region free, don't buy Samsung or Sony.

If you can take the player back for a refund, I'd do so.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, the vast majority of BluRay players in the world can't be unlocked - ever - not even for DVD only.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    recently bought bluray players probably have the most recent firmware update applied so posted hacks no longer work.
    even if there is one for your player it'd be only for the dvd side only. there are very few hacks for bluray side.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ceye22 View Post
    Hello

I have just bought the Samsung BD-H6500 Blu-ray player. Am in the UK - region 2.

Have tried switching it to multi-region, using well described hack for BD-F6500: "Open Tray, Press Repeat, Type in region 2 code 5 7 5 3 8", but nothing happens - I don't see the number appear on top left or right on screen for me to press "9"

Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    Dear friend,

First of all note the model code of the Samsung BD H6500 which can be seen on the back plate i.e. where LAN, HDMI ports are located.
    The Blu ray player has two more letters after " BD H6500". I purchased this model in India recently. This has model code BD H6500/XL and this player is to be sold and used in India. When one of my old DVD could not be played on this, I pressed "Repeat + 5+3+8+1+4 (applicable to India). I could see 4 appearing on the top right corner of the TV. Then I gave input 9. It worked without any issue. Now my player is region free for DVD.

The Model Code of your player will be somewhat like BD-H6500au or BD-H6500za or something like that.

However, I have yet to find ways to make it "multi-region player" for Blu Ray Discs.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!