VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, had a question and not sure really where topost this, but here goes, is there any type of software or anything that willplay a certain video file every morning at a certain time. Then automaticallyswitch to a different file to play on loop. I would sit and do it myself, butif there is ever a time I am not at my desk then we a have a problem. So ifanyone knows of anything I appreciate it greatly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would create a batch file that first runs ffplay playing your first video once then runs ffplay again playing your second file in an infinite loop. Then you can use the Windows Scheduler to run the batch file at a set time in the morning.
    Quote Quote  
  3. not to familar with ffplay or how I would even go about that. I thought of the windows scheduler, but I don't even know where to begin the script and how to enable the full screen on both videos.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you haven't already downloaded ffmpeg, download it and install it. To make things simple, create a .bat file in the same folder as you installed ffmpeg. Name it something like morning_videos.bat. .bat files are just simple text files. In the file write the commands:

ffplay -fs "path\to\video1.mp4"
    ffplay -fs -loop 0 "path\to\video2.mp4"

The -loop 0 will make it loop forever. You should probably set it for a certain number of times so eventually it will stop later in the day, so it can start all over again in the next moring.

Using the Windows Scheduler, create a task to run this batch file at your required time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use scripting with it, but VLC can apparently be run using a script as well. http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/ch04.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. thank you to both of you will try these out today hopefully either or will work out for me will post back.
    Quote Quote  
  7. problem im running into with ffmpeg that it doesnt have a full full screen with no borders around it unless im wrong, and it doesn't switch to the new video.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ffplay seems to have a bug in it that won't let it go to full screen using the command line.

Next one I'd try is MPlayer.

mplayer -fs "path\to\video1.mp4" "path\to\video2.mp4 -loop 10

This will play the first video then play the 2nd video 10 times.
    Quote Quote