VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the free version of VideoPad editor, and I've made and edited a video, which took me a few hours to finish. Now, I'm trying to export it to a video file to upload to YouTube, but it's telling me I have to buy the full version in order to export. Is there seriously no way for me to make any use of what I've worked on in VideoPad without shelling out almost a hundred dollars? Is there no other way to save as a viewable video file like .avi or anything? Any function that would allow me to produce a file that can be uploaded to YouTube?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried export to different formats?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried export to different formats?
    How would I do that? What would I click to get to that? As soon as I hit 'export' under the file menu, or anything under the 'Export' context menu(such as 'Video File'), the popup comes up telling me that I can't do that in the free version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nothing against Baldrick or VHelp itself, but I have always hated when software makers who distribute or sell their products here almost deliberately omit the limitations of their "trialware". The limitations should be clearly stated prominently and in plain language so all can understand.....if not the software links should be removed until the limitations are stated.
    Easier said than done I understand but.....that is one of my pet peeves.
    OK....rant over.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I will change it to trialware again.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I will change it to trialware again.
    I think it said trialware all along. Again....that's not your fault.

I even went to their website and found NOTHING as far as trial limitations.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. I thought I had it listed as freeware.

Nope. I have no other idea then stay away from "free" nle editors.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not surprising that very few of these trialware makers tell you that the app is made useless unless you buy it. Assuming one reads the site, why would you install it in the first place?
    Quote Quote  
  9. So in short, I'm screwed?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They seem to have two versions. One free for home use???

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vppsetup.exe (trial?????????)

and

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpsetup.exe (free???? but limited???)

but I have never tried them and never will....
    Quote Quote  
  11. I like this program for simple cuts, slideshows and titling (I have the full version).
    The free version WILL allow for HD export for uploading (although, I admit, it isn't publicized well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV0U2hb5ijI
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    I like this program for simple cuts, slideshows and titling (I have the full version).
    The free version WILL allow for HD export for uploading (although, I admit, it isn't publicized well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV0U2hb5ijI
    I don't think that's the version I have? Mine doesn't even have a "Save Movie" option, just "Export".

EDIT: Mine says v 3.85.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yes. Export is the feature which saves a movie. That exported file should play in your desktop player. If it does, then it is a working production and it is that exported file which you upload to Youtube. I think you can only export avi files in the free version (not sure, been a while). You have to have the XviD codec installed to accomplish this. You either use File>Export or Export(tab/button)>Save to File. If you use the latter, it will also give the option to 'Upload'. This will allow you to upload directly to Youtube, Facebook etc. after conversion.

This is not a Smart Rendering program...you always have to convert.
    If you feel the quality of your output falls short of the original, tweak your codec settings in the export window.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    I think you can only export avi files in the free version (not sure, been a while).
    At least on my version, I CANNOT export ANYTHING. If I even try to(click the 'Export' option under File menu) it brings up the popup telling me I can't do it on the free version. No option menu even comes up potentially allowing me to choose the format, meaning I can't even choose for it to be .avi, there's nothing for me to choose, I just can't do anything.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Then I don't know. If I recall right it was trialware for 30 days then it stopped allowing users to load or save anything. A popup would appear immediately on running the program asking to purchase a key. How long have you had it installed, may I ask?

Edit: if the answer is 'only a few days' then I can only surmise they have changed the usage policy.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:55.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Then I don't know. If I recall right it was trialware for 30 days then it stopped allowing users to load or save anything. A popup would appear immediately on running the program asking to purchase a key. How long have you had it installed, may I ask?

Edit: if the answer is 'only a few days' then I can only surmise they have changed the usage policy.
    Then I guess they changed it, I've only had it two or three days now.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Gee Baldick thanks for the viruses. I can't open any video files ever since I tried downloading those files you sent. Thanks for my computer crashing and thanks for my entire loss of my entire fuking project that I spent 1 year on.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideopadEatsShit View Post
    Gee Baldick thanks for the viruses. I can't open any video files ever since I tried downloading those files you sent. Thanks for my computer crashing and thanks for my entire loss of my entire fuking project that I spent 1 year on.
    I haven't sent any files....and I have not had any problems with the videopad installations.
    Quote Quote  
  19. So, you spent a year on a project and have no back-up copy of your video or clone of your hard drive. Not a good way to operate.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    They seem to have two versions. One free for home use???

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vppsetup.exe (trial?????????)

and

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpsetup.exe (free???? but limited???)

but I have never tried them and never will....
    Yes. VPP stands for VideoPad Pro, and VP simply stands for VideoPad. As for viruses, if VideoPad didn't infect your computer before then these downloads will be just as safe. NCH Software is the official creator of VideoPad.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes! download the prism file converter (also by NCH software) get the free version of that, save the video project, right click on the video project in your documents to bring up the window itll show an option to "convert with prism media converter" then just convert the .flv default video project to a .avi file, done! free!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just hit the same problem of seeming not to be able to export from the free version of VideoPad 6.10. After failing with several MP4 options I tried saving as WMV and that has worked just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @Organist54

I just installed this app a few days ago myself and after about 15h of editing I decided to render with nothing but system crash after system crash... That said, I am running version 6.3 home (not paid "vp" install file not the Pro "vpp" on Windows 7. (in case you were wondering)

Disclaimer: I will not be keeping the following links up to date

Here is the link to NCH, creators, website Videopad Downloads

Here is a direct link to the 6.3 I am using VPad 6.3

SOLUTION

The only way I was able to render a video file was :

Should only need these once:

- Click "Export Video"
    - Click on "Error Box"
    - Wait for website to popup and download the file (my Antivirus didn't trigger with the popup file but it did with the initial Vp Install file)
    - Close the app
    - Install the downloaded file

This will be how to export any other projects: (I have only tested the "Video File" and "DVD Data" options so far for my project)

- Open app
    - Open project
    - Click "Export Video"
    - Click "Video File"
    - Click "I will purchase Later"
    -Change the export type to .WMV
    -Change Resolution to 1920x1080
    - Not sure if it matters but I set my FPS to 29.970
    - Click "Create" (I still get the "Can not initiate output file" error message in red but the file does render out to the file location)

Both my DVD attempt and Video File attempt used .WMV 1920x1080. I tried a mismatch of other options and nothing worked but this solution satisfies my needs and I hope it at least gives you a video file.

Hope it helps.

-Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  24. There should be an option for you to just render/save it to your computer, then you can post it on YouTube. When I was first starting editing, I used the free version of Videopad (and hated it lol) but I was able to render my videos to my computer. Programs like this generally are not very good. I use Vegas Pro 15, but jumping from something as simple as videopad to something more complex like Vegas wouldn’t easy. I would suggest getting Sony Movie Studio/ Sony Movie Studio Platinum. It’s a good stepping stone to more advanced programs and a step up from free programs like videopad.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!