VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Not as friendly as VideoRedo in appearance but does fix transmission and other errors. Editing is dead easy is ProjectX, available for MAC and PC and is free. It has the ability to put "chapter" markers in for a few programs that can use them. I use it all the time for removing commercials from local TS mpeg2 AC3 transmissions. It doesn't do H264 unfortunately - hint Oozoon!
    Well then can it give you a perfectly time corrected (lip-synch accurate) edit version in the original codex with no degrades in quality which can be then transcode it by another program still in perfect lip-synch accurate time?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MarcMiller View Post
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Not as friendly as VideoRedo in appearance but does fix transmission and other errors. Editing is dead easy is ProjectX, available for MAC and PC and is free. It has the ability to put "chapter" markers in for a few programs that can use them. I use it all the time for removing commercials from local TS mpeg2 AC3 transmissions. It doesn't do H264 unfortunately - hint Oozoon!
    Well then can it give you a perfectly time corrected (lip-synch accurate) edit version in the original codex with no degrades in quality which can be then transcode it by another program still in perfect lip-synch accurate time?
    I tried ProjectX at one time, and had no luck with it. I think it may have choked on HD captures, which are still MPEG-2 in ATSC land. [Edit]No, my mistake it can open HD ts files. But I still tried and rejected it. I'll have to try it again see if I can remember why.[End Edit]

It is "codec" or "codecs" not "codex", which is a kind of ancient hand-written book. If you continue using "codex", somebody is going to start making jokes about it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Jan 2015 at 10:29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ProjectX is not designed for US TV as far as fixing transmission errors but as it only demuxes MPEG2 files no change of quality and lip sync has never been affected in my experience with local TV. It handles local TS files including 1080i without any problems.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IMO, Nothing works as well as VideReDo but I do use Free Video Editor on files I've downloaded and it does pretty well on most files. The newest version works a lot better than the older versions that crashed on me all the time. You have to be careful when installing but if you untick all the crapware instead of blindly clicking next, it installs fine with no crapware.

For DTV captures and DVD Rips, VideoReDo is boss at producing files with no sync issues. Worth having in your tool collection if you can afford to drop $100 on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I use to remove commercials ...

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html
    Quote Quote