VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've been experimenting with multicamera editing in VP8. However I don't see a way to see how the transitions look when editing from the multicamera track since the preview window is occupied with the multi-views.

Any insights?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You should be able to open multiple windows using the tabs, resizing, and tear-off controls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vegasbox.png
Views:	239
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	29740

Vegas 8 is very old though and 32 bit. It may be easier and faster in newer 64-bit versions.

Also FWIW, in Avid and Premiere I simply execute my effect on the timeline and if I don't like it just undo or modify.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You should be able to open multiple windows using the tabs, resizing, and tear-off controls.
    I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Instead of working from multiple tracks, Vegas creates a single multicam track out of several which creates a multi-view in the preview window. Which as far as I can tell precludes viewing any transitions as you would normally do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	multi view preview window.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	29742
    Quote Quote  
  4. Two things -- and admittedly I am talking a little over my head since I do not use Vegas for multicam -- in order to make a transition you have to first have an edit in the timeline, whether it is between two multicam clips, two single-strand clips, or a single-strand and multicam clip. (edit: by holding Ctrl, Vegas will use dissolves instead of cuts -- don't know if that applies to your version.)

Once you have the cut point created, you should be able to preview transitions normally in the transition preview window.

So it's a two step process.
    Last edited by smrpix; 15th Jan 2015 at 10:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been advised that you can toggle between multicam view and normal preview with CTRL+Shift+D
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!