VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off, I apologize, I wasn't sure what section to post this under.

I've got a Panasonic DMR-ES46V, I was trying to record some video from a camera onto a DVD+R (because thats what the manual says to use). Every blank DVD I put into the machine is unreadable, except for one, which it prompted me to format, and then said there was an error. I was wondering what I could be doing wrong. I'd really appreciate your ideas about this, thanks alot!

-Robert
    Quote Quote  
  2. First of all, make sure that your Panasonic can actually play +R discs. Secondly, you will most likely have to format the disc with your player, as you said you had. Why you got the error after the formatting I'm not sure though. Sometimes the quality of the discs themselves can present a problem for players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I'm sure it can play them, my dad makes slideshows, and has me burn them. I'm using some dvd's I got from the bargain bin at compusa, so they're 4x, might that make a difference? I also have some maxell DVD+Rs that are 8x. The player would not recognize those either. The one that it formatted seemed to be a random disk, as I pulled from the middle of the spindle (it was a 4x one). I tried the same disk after the following one failed. The one that I tried to format didn't work at all the second time (just like all the other disks).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DJThuht
    ...............I'm using some dvd's I got from the bargain bin at compusa, so they're 4x, might that make a difference?.........
    I doubt it really. When was the last time that you got your player serviced? Sometimes having it cleaned expertly and checked thoroughly can solve these issues becuase lasers or trays can be out of alignment. I know it solved some of my reading issues.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hah, never mind, I think the problem is solved...sorta... It doesn't play any disk whatsoever. So, I'm assuming the disks would have worked, supposing it could play store bought dvds. You think I could get it serviced? I didn't know they did that. Do you think this would fix the problem? If so, where would I go about getting it serviced?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DJThuht
    You think I could get it serviced? I didn't know they did that. Do you think this would fix the problem? If so, where would I go about getting it serviced?
    A qualified electronics repairer should be able to do the job for you. Check your local yellowpages, or USA equivalent. I'm in Australia, so I can't direct you very well from here. Good luck though.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ah cool, thanks alot for the help
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was given a Panasonic DMR-ES46V but without the remote. Is it possible to use it WITHOUT the remote? If so can someone explain or send me to a site that helps me do that?
    Quote Quote  
  9. These recorders are useless without their remotes. You got the recorder for free? Do yourself a favor and buy the remote on eBay for $19, shipping included. Lots of listings, try here to start.

To the hall monitors, yeah, he grave robbed an ancient thread. BFD. Starting a new ES46V thread to ask about remotes wouldn't have been any better.
    Quote Quote