VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello All,

I am looking for a program that will let me add a list of MP3 speeches (1.mp3, 2.mp3, 3.mp3..etc.) and create an audio CD from each mp3.
    So I would put all the files in the queue and tell it to start..it would burn 1.mp3 to an audio cd then eject...then I'd put another cd in and it would burn 2.mp3 and eject..and so on.

Anything like that out there? Or a script I could write to do it? I'm no stranger to .bat files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a bit down and dirty.
    Place each mp3 in a folder of the same name.
    i.e. speech1.mp3 in folder speech1

Use mkisofs.exe to create an ISO of the contents of each folder.
    Use growisofs.exe to burn the ISO files to disc.

Some research on both programs will be needed.

DVDStyler uses both for the making of ISOs then burning the ISOs to DVDs.
    Downloadload and install DVDStyler; go to Configuration/Settings. Under the core tab you will find the basics.
    ( DVDStyler uses it's own definitions, starting with the $ symbol, for parameters to be passed to the program.)
    You can also grab the two programs from the DVDStyler \bin folder.

Once you can do it to one folder (speech1) from a single line batch file then creating a more complicated batch file should be fairly easy.
    I've never used growisofs.exe.

This is the command line I use to make an ISO of a folder's contents for a BartPE bootable disk:
    Code:
     mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "BartPE" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -o "C:\pebuilder3110a\pebuilder.iso" "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE"
    Luck.
    Last edited by pcspeak; 24th Feb 2012 at 00:11.
    Quote Quote