VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. After installing DivX Converter I realized, that there is a command line encoder named 'DivXEngine' inside the 'DivX Transcode Engine'-folder.

Looking at it's output:
    Code:
    Usage:
    DivXEngine <options>
    -i <input media file(s)> : set input media file(s)
    -o <output media file> : set output media file
    [-v <video bitrate (kbps)>] : set video bitrate, don't use with -f option
    [-a <audio bitrate (kbps)>] : set audio bitrate, don't use with -f option
    [-x <custom resolution width>] : set custom resolution width
    [-y <custom resolution height>] : set custom resolution height
    [-f <file size limit (MB)>] : set filesize limit (in MB), don't use neither with -v -a options
    [-t] : enable audio pass through
    [-p <output profile>] : possible values are:
    	m - Mobile
    	ht - HomeTheater (default)
    	hd720 - HD720
    	hd1080 - HD1080
    	phd - DivXPlusHD
    	p4k - DivXPlus4K
    	hevc720 - HEVC720
    	hevc1080 - HEVC1080
    	hevc4k - HEVC4K
    	iphone - MP4 AVC for iPhone
    	ipad - MP4 AVC for iPad
    [-k] : enable trick-play (for DivXPlusHD(phd) profile only and one input media file!)
    [-s] : enable video 2 pass encoding
    [-d] : enable profile detector
    [-b] : enable burn subtitle
    [-l] : enable logging and specify (optionally) output directory
    [-q] : Set DivXLogger logging level
    	DIVX_ALL_MSG          = (1 << 0), // 2 ^ 0 = 1   all message types
    	DIVX_CRITICAL_MSG     = (1 << 1), // 2 ^ 1 = 2   Critical error
    	DIVX_ERROR_MSG        = (1 << 2), // 2 ^ 2 = 4   Error
    	DIVX_WARNING_MSG      = (1 << 3), // 2 ^ 3 = 8   Warning
    	DIVX_INFO_MSG         = (1 << 4), // 2 ^ 4 = 16  Information
    	DIVX_HEADER_MSG       = (1 << 5), // 2 ^ 5 = 32  Heading, usually marks start of group of related messages
    	DIVX_DEBUG_MSG        = (1 << 6), // 2 ^ 6 = 64  Debug message
    	DIVX_PROGRESS_MSG     = (1 << 7)  // 2 ^ 7 = 128 Some progress
    [-w] : disable WPP(Wavefront Partitioning Processing), works in case of HEVC profiles only
    [-u <output profile>] : HEVC quality level, works in case of HEVC profiles only. Possible values are:
    	fastest - HEVC Quality level: fastest
    	fast - HEVC Quality level: fast
    	balanced - HEVC Quality level: balanced
    	better - HEVC Quality level: better
    	best - HEVC Quality level: best
    [-h] : help

Error: Please specify the correct names for Input file(s), Output file and profile!
    It looks like it's offering some additional option compared to the DivX265.exe test encoder.

-> Has anyone tested this one and can share his/her experiences with it?

Cu Selur

Ps.: Sadly it doesn't support input via standard in.
    Last edited by Selur; 26th Feb 2014 at 02:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It does however support Avisynth input:
    Code:
    DivXEngine.exe -i "path to test.avs" -p ht -v 1500 -q 128 -u best -o test.265
    Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well... now You have to by is divided fresh encoder! since their players have learned to play hevc.mp4
    Even a simple function to "cropping frame" forced to use a third-party Converter
    Visually for today DivX better preserves details pictures
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Gravitator; 26th Feb 2014 at 07:31.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @Gravitator: This thread is ment for talk about the DivXEngine. Not other encoders or decoders or some gui.
    -> If you want to post stuff that is not directly related to the DivXEngine, pleas use another thread.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @Gravitator: This thread is ment for talk about the DivXEngine. Not other encoders or decoders or some gui.
    -> If you want to post stuff that is not directly related to the DivXEngine, pleas use another thread.

Thanks.
    I transfer discussion in chinese сamp
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Well... now You have to by is divided fresh encoder!
    I hope that came from a computer translation program because it makes no sense at all and I'd hate to think that a person actually thought this was meaningful.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @jman98: at least judging from the other posts and the way he replies, you can be assured that he is using an online translator of some kind
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    dude, did you read that? it says that it supports 2 pass hevc encoding!

ok, i just tested it and not only does it work but it works great, only thing is you won't be able to bundle it with Hybrid, it requires all the dll's and plugins folder in order to work properly and i don't think the DivX people would allow you to distribute their dlls. too bad really, on the fastest setting it's way faster than x265 and the 2 pass ability is a major advantage.

still, it's a nice tool to put together a nice little script for a watch folder to batch encode all files in a folder to hevc.
    Last edited by deadrats; 26th Feb 2014 at 09:03.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes, but haven't tested it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Well... now You have to by is divided fresh encoder!
    I hope that came from a computer translation program because it makes no sense at all and I'd hate to think that a person actually thought this was meaningful.
    I call guys DivX be respectful to customers, and provide the maximum version of the encoder (in hybrid castrated version)
    It's very nervous occupation and continuously monitor hoping not to turn off the light, or what that a glitch in the system. It is about not hours, the days of coding
    Quote Quote  
  12. Does anyone get what he wants to say?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Selur, whether it is possible at the moment to try to use
    Code:
    [-f <file size limit (MB)>]
    ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sure, you can try and use 2pass encoding with DivXEngine. I haven't. I just stumbled over DivXEngine this morning and was wondering if someone else saw it before and did some testing with it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is obtained that we have a demo version - without any recent optimizations
    And it seems that the first person to receive the full version of this > https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/362290-Pegasys-Licenses-DivX-HEVC
    Have you noticed that in their converter is not possible to enable \ disable GOP - and whether or not to use it?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Have you noticed that in their converter is not possible to enable \ disable GOP - and whether or not to use it?
    yes
    Quote Quote  
  17. In first place, I should not be doing this, my apology.

Gravitator, Please allow me to correct some words here and there to convey right message to those, so called Professionals. I have, personally, nothing against your linguistic skills bcoz knowledge is the true power.

I call guys DivX be respectful to customers, and provide the maximum version of the encoder (in hybrid castrated version)
    It's very nervous occupation and continuously monitor hoping not to turn off the light, or what that a glitch in the system. It is about not hours, the days of coding.
    probably he meant, it is just my guess
    I called DivX guys to be respectful to the customers, and provide the maximum (unlimited) versions of the encoder updates (in contra with Hybrid).
    In general to all, not only DiVX,
    It's (Computer Programming), and continuously monitoring (BUGs) is very nervous occupation that I (???), everybody is getting really very sick of. Hoping not to turn off the light (going into the Dark) with a hope of silver light in a dark clouds, or what that a glitch in the system. It is about not hours, not even the days, but decades of coding only BuGs and BuGs. They are so called professionals. Here and there only BuGs are everywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Those who lay standards, could not code.
    Those who code, could not test.
    Those who wanna test, could not even run (a program).
    And,
    Way far above the standards, Here We are,
    catch if you can!
    Last edited by enim; 26th Feb 2014 at 10:11.
    Quote Quote  
  18. To clarify why Hybrid only uses DivX265.exe atm.:
    a. I didn't know about DivXEngine until I stumbled over it this morning (and no I won't add support for it in Hybrid unless it get's pipe/stdIn support)
    b. DivX265 is the only encoder from DivX that can be freely distributed to my knowledge

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  19. Selur,

You do not have to clarify anything. Hybrid is your own baby.

b. DivX265 is the only encoder from DivX that can be freely distributed to my knowledge
    Anything that comes FREE costs a lot in many different ways!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    enim,
    I am a simple consumer/user, and when I learned that there was an opportunity to accelerate the encoding using closed version DivX\HEVC, I was very surprised and annoyed that 7days HEVC encoding video - could be completed in much less time!
    Thanks Selur, for being is paid attention and raised the question

(x265 avoided, as the developers have not reported the transition to the beta version)
    Quote Quote  
  21. I am a simple consumer/user, and when I learned that there was an opportunity to accelerate the encoding using closed version DivX\HEVC, I was very surprised and annoyed that 7days HEVC encoding video - could be completed in much less time!
    I know the feelings.

Selur should not hurting the feelings of Hybrid lovers at least.
    How dare you, Selur?
    Include some HEVC encoder right-away in Hybrid right-now capable of encoding in 7 seconds or less instead of 7 days, or 7 weeks, or 70 years (i understand that in math 0 means nothing, but may be in front) bcoz with older pc users will pass away after couples of years (after years) to encode a single video file.
    You understand, Selur! You understand that I got you again!
    Quote Quote  
  22. *gig* not really
    (btw. encoding Full HD with x265 and preset ultrafast runs at ~5-7fps so it's not that slow, but I will probably look into overclocking my system a bit when I seriously start to encode H.265 content)
    Quote Quote  
  23. x265 and preset ultrafast runs at ~5-7fps so it's not that slow, ... ... ...
    agreed.
    But, I would not waste a single moment atm to drop-down my fps to ~5-7 from 70-480 as I do not have that energy & time. I would leave this part to enthusiastics.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For those who has not understood yet (start of the topic) > https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345169-Hybrid%28Windows-Linux-Mac%29-Input-x264-x26...=1#post2304415
    --------
    all good night, until
    Quote Quote  
  25. There is not any single chance, but,
    by chance even if I decide to go for ~5-7 fps, I am not really getting exactly what I really want!, where the faces look make-up brushed with sand papers.

As of now, I am very, I mean really very happy with what I am getting now!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't get the DivXEngine encoder to work. I used the converter to encode 1080p HEVC and it only took 60 seconds to encode but the file was corrupt when I tried to play in the DivX player.

Yesterday, I found that the DivX products were keeping me from playing hevc.mkv in MPC-HC (I could play them in MPC but not Home Cinema) and when I uninstalled all the DivX stuff that the videos would play in MPC-HC using the new Lentoid filters. Well, after no success with the DivXEngine or converter, I uninstalled all DivX stuff again but this time, I was unable to play any hevc mkv or hevc divx files in MPC-HC or MPC. Even after reregistering the Lentoid dlls.

Either the DivXEngine.exe needs to support standard input "-" or the x265 needs to be faster. I did encode a 1080 file using the DivX265 and it was pretty slow (1.5 fps) using the fast setting. The same file was encoded with the x265 encoder at 10 fps with ultrafast preset. I would like to see just how fast the DivXEngine really is but without stdin, I'm afraid I have no use for the DivX encoder since it forces you to use their player. I'm not sure what the problem is. I guess I'll have to restore windows to this morning to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. using
    Code:
    DivXEngine.exe -i test.avs -v 5000 -x 1920 -y 1080 -p hevc1080 -q 128 -u fastest -o test.265
    encoding a 10:53min 1920x1080p clip took 10:34min, so since the frame rate of the clip was 24fps the encoding speed with the fastest profile should also be ~24fps. (output is playable with MPC-HC)
    Quote Quote  
  28. Some where down the road here i just stated that I always get catch hold of the only one. I do still wonder, Why?
    By the way, I was searching for some one who is really, i mean really genius. I think I've just got one right here!
    Quote Quote  
  29. encoding a 10:53min 1920x1080p clip took 10:34min, so since the frame rate of the clip was 24fps the encoding speed with the fastest profile should also be ~24fps.
    This time putting zeros right up front Do you mean 00:00:10.34?
    ~24fps - WoW, what did you finger?
    I mean over-clocking only PC is really GooD, but over-****ing in general not GooD for long-term health!
    OOoops it is typo!
    Quote Quote  
  30. This time putting zeros right up front Do you mean 00:00:10.34?
    No 10:53min is the same as 00:10:53.00 assuming you use.
    Code:
    hh:mm:ss.zz
    as time-coding-pattern. (10minutes 53 seconds)

Did the test encode on a i7 4770k, 32GB RAM, running Windows 7 professional, no over-clocking done.
    Quote Quote