VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have had my ATI AWI for several months now and have had several successful captures. However recently I've been doing captures overnight, usually a 1hr to 3hr direct to 1/2 d1 mpg2 capture. However, recently I check it in the morning to find that the computer has hung with a blue screen of death and that my file never captured. One of the ATI files is listed as the problem, its something like ATIDB.exe or close to that. It it is not ATIMMC.exe. I would really like to get this working so I can capture again without issues. I am using ATI MMC 9.06.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I upgraded to 9.14 and still the same problems. I've noticed too that some captures now have Jitters when I play them. I'm using Media Player Classic and it shows a Jitter up to 3ms. Not good. What is wrong, I'm not doing anything else or using the computer during capture! Is there another freeware capture tool that is compatible with the ATI AIW and will capture directly to mpeg 2?
    Quote Quote  
  3. SFAIK, there are other cap progs that will work but NONE that will use the hardware-assisted features of the ATI card.

I use MMC 9.02, I have no file by that name. Is that exactly correct?

Consensus seems to be that 9.03 is about the highest version that is working well for reasonable numbers of people. Experience tells me to allow others to be the first kid on the block with the new MMC, and unless it offers something I really want, to avoid it like the plague.

Any interesting new features in 9.06 or 9.14? Other than the not-working feature, ATI keeps trying to re-introduce that one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah really, they seem to think the not working feature is the one people are demanding most. 9.14 has some nice things, nothing too revolutionary though. I did a complete uninstall and installl and it seems to be working okay now, I'll keep my fingers crossed though
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I wish I had an answer to this, but this kind of crap is EXACTLY why I gave up on ATI about 4 years ago and looked for other solutions. I now use the Hauppauge PVR-350. You know what? It WORKS. EVERY TIME. I never cease to be amazed at how many people will beat their heads against a brick wall over ATI cards. I have known of people who spent well over $500 on upgrading various components just trying to get an ATI card to work correctly when they could have bought a hardware based PCI capture card for a fraction of the cost and gotten on with their lives.

You could try Dscaler 4 at http://www.dscaler.org. I have never used it, but in theory it can capture TV programs in MPEG-2.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well I just checked a couple of recent captures and the video is perfect - but the AUDIO IS OUT OF SYNC!! Can I not catch a break?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had to reinstall after I was toying around with updating the Display driver to the newest version to play Madden 07....I had to blow the entire ATI package away, reboot into safe mode remove all the ATI entries in the registry, then go back down to an older version of everything. I think I'm using MMC 9.03... But capture wise I am back on track and now have no issues. Just wasted an hour to do it....
    Quote Quote  
  8. It'll probably take me more than an hour to figure it out! doh! How can you tell what registry entries are ATI? I see they have a list of other versions of MMC here, with MMC 9.03 being here. So should I go with 9.03?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Bodyslide
    Ok, that's what I had, I just didn't know if that removed more than .dll files

Here goes nothing...
    Quote Quote