VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For the past few months, I've been working on getting a good workflow going for some 8mm transfers I had professionally done. (Frame accurate, ProRes422 1920x1080, ....... maybe slight overkill there for regular 8mm, but better than the opposite option.)

I've been trying to get a handle on some avisynth scripts, so most of this discussion was over at Doom9. PoisenDeathRay was giving me lots of feedback and suggestions, as did John Meyer (I am using a very slight variation of his restoration script which was based on VideoFreds work) and a few others over there. Since the avisynth aspect is most likely wrapped up for now, I thought I'd move the discussion here instead of continuing in the avisynth usage script forum over there.

At present I am opening the files in Vegas, doing my cuts and corrections, then out to MeGUI with a x264 output.

The last steps are authoring that and burning it to BD, which is the format I want at least for the present.

I went through the options on BD authoring listed here at Videohelp, and judging by the description and feedback that I saw, it looks like tsMuxeR might be a good choice for my purposes? Does anybody here more knowledgeable than I (it won't take much, heh) have thoughts on that choice? Maybe some quirk that makes it a bad choice for my purposes, or something like that, or is it a solid choice?

Once authored, I figured I'd burn with Imgburn, I 've used that before for BD with no issues. I previously authored with multiAVCHD, but it's been acting up for me lately, so I thought I'd update, hence this post.

Thank you for any input you may have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    output blu-ray spec mainconcept 25mbps mpeg-2 using vegas and 640k ac-3 audio. download the free version 1.0.7 of blu-disc studio and use it to author blu-ray discs. or use vegas pro's included dvd architect to author the blu-ray discs.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    output blu-ray spec mainconcept 25mbps mpeg-2 using vegas
    That was my original plan, (Vegas - Avisynth - Vegas again for renders) then it was pointed out that the second trip into Vegas incurred an additional and unnecessary colorspace conversion. So it wa suggested I do my Vegas color work with the full 4:2:2 at my disposal, before it was reduced. That's why it is set up as it is, Vegas, then into MeGUI for the scripting and the x264 output.

Going back into Vegas for the renders kind of puts me back where I started.
    Quote Quote