VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear fellows ....
    I'm capturing and editing DVcam movies as dv/dvcpro 720 X 480 Anamorphic. When I export it with the same settings, it opens perfect in Quicktime Player in widescreen as it has to be. But if I export it as, just, Quicktime it doesn't opens perfectly. It seems distorted, more narrow and taller. Why does it happens ? I need to make a Batch export with many clips and I'm afraid it will not do it right ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. dv ntsc =720*480
    dv without any aspect = display ratio 1.5 (720/480)
    dv with widescreen aspect = display ratio 1.77

FCP didn't tag your dv files as "widescreen". No problem, they are still ok

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey mithos....

When exporting in Quicktime, make sure you check the following

terryj
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, Sorry because I didn't thank you all for the answers. I was out of town ...
    Sorry for my begginer's questions ...
    The movies were taped as DVCAM 720/480 anamorphic (widescreen). I am capturing as DV NTSC 48 KHZ Anamorphic , my sequence preset is DV NTSC 48 KHZ anamorphic. By you knowledge and experience, in terms of quality and speed, should I export them (rendered) as "Using QT conversion, Compression Type: DV/DVCPRO, Aspect Ratio: 16:9 and SIZE: Dimensions-Compressor Native :720/480-16:9 , or should I just export as QT Movie with "Current Sttings" ?
    I will use them later to be compressed/encoded for internet using Sorenson Squeeze (client's choice) and also with Compressor to make DVDs with DVD Studio Pro.
    Quote Quote